It is difficult to come up with a list of only the 10 best country music male singers when there are so many great ones out there, alive and dead. Country music is the backbone of American music and started with Americana greats like Johnny Horton. There are many great country music singer, both male and female, but here are some of the best of both the past and the future.
- Johnny Cash has been called one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. He was known as “The Man in Black” because of his choice in clothing. He was not only a singer and musician, but also an author. He was man's man, still popular even after his passing in 2003. Some of his best loved songs include “A Boy Named Sue,” “Folsom Prison Blues” and “Ring of Fire.”
- Hank Williams, Sr. is one of the greatest country musicians of all time. His legacy lives on in his music that has spanned many generations in the time since his death in 1953. Most of the people who enjoy his music these days weren't even born yet when he passed. Any Hank Sr. fan will tell you that “Your Cheatin' Heart,” “I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry,” and “Jambalaya (On The Bayou)” are just a few of his best songs.
- George Strait is still kicking and still making great music. He is not only an award winning musician, but an actor too. His loves songs melt women's hearts and even his latest albums, like Troubadour are still making millions and making him hundreds (if not more) fans every week.
- George Jones is another long gone soul in the country music scene, unfortunately. But his songs like “White Lightning,” “He Stopped Loving Her Today,” and “The Race is On” keeps this country star alive in our hearts and our ears.
- Conway Twitty sang about a tiger in those “Tight Fittin' Jeans.” He's an award winner, he sang many duets and he is surely a much loved classic country artist even with being dead since 1993. He held the record for most number one singles on the Billboard country hits until George Strait broke the record in 2006.
- Brad Paisley has been in the country music scene since 1999. He's a newcomer with attitude and even fun in his lyrics. One can help but enjoying his songs, like “I'm Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin' Song)”, “Alcohol,” and “Online.” Even his heart felt songs like “Whiskey Lullaby” and “Waitin' On A Woman” are a good listen.
- Willie Nelson not only gave the world the classic tune “On the Road Again,” but he is also author, poet, activist and an avid actor. His list of movie credits is long, and still growing. No matter what else he does with his life he will always be known for his outlaw country and his classic Willie ways.
- Waylon Jennings was part of Willie's group of friends, all in the outlaw country. Waylon had a ticket for the plane that killed Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and “the Big Bopper,” in 1959, but it was “the Big Bopper” that ended up with his fateful ticket. Waylon lived on until 2002 and his music still lives on with songs like “Luckenbach, Texas” (a duet with Willie) and “Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys” (also with Willie).
- Toby Keith “Should've Been A Cowboy,” but in 1993 he started making his name as a country singer. His blend of country sound with a rock sound was something that was started by the likes of Garth Brooks. Toby Keith pays tribute to America's soldiers with “Courtesy of The Red, White, & Blue.”
- Garth Brooks hit the country music scene 1989 bringing the rock to country music's twangy undertones. He has won numerous awards, made an album under a fake name (Chris Gaines) and remains the epitome of rock country with songs like “The Thunder Rolls” and “Friends In Low Places.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.