2010 was a great year for country music, as the 10 best country party songs of 2010 should readily demonstrate. The genre finally threw off the shackles of the overly morose and political songs of the last few years. A number of artists (Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts) continued to dominate as crossover artists, and genuinely fun songs got a lot of play on the radio. Below are the best country party songs of 2010.
- "Rain is a Good Thing" by Luke Bryan. Sure, it is a bit creepy if you listen to the lyrics (the kid's dad is telling him this, after all), but the song has a great beat. It is one of the quintessential country party songs, mixing down home sensibility with great lyrics and fun guitar riffs.
- "Crazy Town" by Jason Aldean. Okay, when was the last time you heard a country song about how weird Nashville is? This song is one of the few, and it makes a great point about the home of country music. Combined with a solid lyrical flow and great backing, this song is a hit with any crowd that knows the business.
- "Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer" by Billy Currington. Might be this year's "I'm Still a Guy". Great song for the guys in a crowd, and legitimately funny. Besides, who can really disagree with the lyrics? Probably the best definition of a country party song.
- "That's How Country Boys Roll" by Billy Currington. Currington is actually in danger of becoming another Brad Paisley, and that is not a bad thing at all. He has a great voice, but his real talent lies in writing songs that everyone can relate to. This is a great song for anyone that lives south of the Mason-Dixon line.
- "Only Prettier" by Miranda Lambert. The third artist to release two great party songs in 2010, this is definitely the best of the "ladies only" party songs. The song itself is hilarious, and the video does not disappoint.
- "Little White Church" by Little Big Town. How can a song about a relationship ultimatum be a good party song? When it combines some great lyrical dexterity with good music. Bonus points for rhyming "no more chicken and gravy" with "ain't gonna have your baby."
- "White Liar" by Miranda Lambert. Again, this one is for the ladies. However, Miranda Lambert once again pulls off a great song that almost anyone can relate to. She has a perfect voice for this kind of relationship payback song, and the lyrics are great to sing along to.
- "Farmer's Daughter" by Rodney Atkins. An awesome reminder of how great country "story songs" can be. Feels almost like the flip side of "Strawberry Wine", but with a happy ending. And who doesn't love songs about working on a tractor?
- "Water" by Brad Paisley. Pasiley is the master of the country party song, and it should be no surprise that two of his hits finish out the list. This one embraces the spirit of the summer all year round, and has not even a small trace of seriousness in it.
- "American Saturday Night" by Brad Paisley. This is, hands down, the best country party song of 2010. It has everything—clever lyrics, crowd participation, and a great guitar break. There is a reason that Paisley has won so many awards—he's just that good.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream