If you are getting ready for a road trip you may want to have these 10 best country road songs. These road songs with have you cranking down the windows to feel the wind in your hair while your singing out loud.
- Willie Nelson “On the Road Again” This number one Billboard hit from 1980 is the ultimate road trip country song. As long as you have “one the Road Again” playing on your radio you can drive and sing for hours.
- John Denver “Country Roads” When you are going back to a place that you felt safe and feel like home, this is the song you want playing on your road trip. Whether you are going to the mountains of West Virginia or down to Louisiana those “Country Roads” will always take you home.
- Kathy Mattea “18 Wheels and a Dozen Roses” Making its way to number one in 1988, this song reminds us of the things we are going home to. Charlie may be retiring but our road trip is only over until the next one begins.
- Alan Jackson “Drive” This will take you back to your childhood and remember all those special things your daddy let you do even though he knew you shouldn’t. Maybe it was driving the car around the yard or steering the tractor from his lap, it was those special moments that this song reminds you of.
- Steve Earle “Copperhead Road” It doesn’t matter what kind of music you listen too, “Copperhead Road” just make you want to drive. With the windows down and wind blowing through your hair and singing as loud as loud will go.
- Jerry Reed “East Bound and Down” When this song comes on the radio, you just want to head to Atlanta, Georgia to help Bandit run blocker for the Snowman and all the bootlegged Coors beer. Or you can take your road trip to Boston to bring back some Clam Chowder.
- Jo Dee Messina “Heads Carolina, Tails California” When you are heading on a road trip with no destination in sight, flip a coin to find out where you are going. In the end the destination doesn’t matter as long as your together and having the time of your life.
- Dwight Yoakam “Guitars, Cadillacs” The music for this song just screams road trip when you’re a country girl or boy. It makes you want to hit those back roads and drive until you can’t drive anymore.
- Asleep at the Wheel “Hot Rod Lincoln” Illegal or not, this best country road trip song make you want to line ‘em up and race. Just rev them up as fast they’ll go and drive.
- Dave Dudley “Six Days on the Road” Diesel drivers this road trip song is for you. You may not be driving a big rig, but once you have been out on the road for six days you’ll be happy to make it home.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.