The 10 best country rock songs represent the best country music has to offer. There have been many great country rock songs over the decades, but the songs on this list are the very best. If you are looking to add songs to your playlist, you need to add these country rock songs.
- "Desperado" The Eagles "Desperado" is the all-time best country rock song ever. "Desperado" was featured on the 1973 album of the same name. Twenty-one years after "Desperado" was first released, Clint Black did a remake of the song, which was also was extremely popular.
- "Bad Moon Rising" Creedence Clearwater Revival This was the second single that went gold for Creedence Clearwater Revival. The song was released in 1969 and many musical artists continue to cover the song to this day.
- "Folsom Prison Blues" Johnny Cash Life in prison is hard. When Johnny Cash wrote a song about prison and held a concert in a prison, the reaction was amazing. The prisoners loved the song, as did the rest of the world. When Johnny Cash performed "Folsom Prison Blues" live, the song catapulted him into legendary outlaw status.
- "Fishin' in the Dark" Nitty Gritty Dirt Band For a song that was first released in 1987, it still is played on the radio to this day. "Fishin' in the Dark" was the band's third number one single.
- "Eastbound and Down" Jerry Reed This was the song made famous in "Smoky and the Bandit" and made Jerry Reed a popular musician. Everybody knows this song and it is one of the ten best country rock songs.
- "Lookin' out My Back Door" Creedence Clearwater Revival This song was released in 1970 and was an immediate success. This song climbed into the number two spot on the Billboard Pop Singles music charts.
- "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" The Band This song was not a chart-topper, but looking back to its release in 1969, it did have a strong following. The staying power of this song makes us look back retrospectively and list this song as one of the ten best country rock songs of all time.
"Sweet Thing" Keith Urban This song is one of the newer additions to the country rock line-up, but it is an instant classic. Keith Urban shows off his guitar skills while combining the best aspects of both country and rock music.
"All Summer Long" Kid Rock Kid Rock is a very versatile musician who can perform everything from rap to country music. "All Summer Long" is one of the best country rock songs ever made because it has had a huge fan base ever since it was released. Kid Rock also pays homage to Lynyrd Skynrd and "Sweet Home Alabama."
- "Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue (The Angry American)" Toby Keith This song was only performed for military troops until the Marine Corps ordered Toby Keith to release the song to the public. Many people know the song as "The Boot in Your Ass." It is not only a very patriotic song, but is also one of the best country rock songs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.