It’s hard to find a genre of music that is more universally recognized and revered around the world than country music. Country songs embody a lot of great things about America, the nation of its inception, but it also gets a bad reputation for being associated with more close-minded “redneck” types. The best country songs, though, undoubtedly tell a great story.
The 10 best country song quotes are so powerful that a majority of the artists used a part of it for the song title. Men and women make up the country artists that sing the well known quotes. A mixture of serious and humorous country lyrics about faith, life advice, and wisdom make up the 10 best country song quotes that you need to know.
1. “The road goes on forever and the party never ends,” by Robert Earl Keen. This is one of the best country song quotes because you can go anywhere in life; the roads are endless. The quote from “The Road Goes on Forever” it says to have fun in life and not take things too serious.
2. “Everything gets hotter when the sun goes down,” by Kenny Chesney. This fun and playful country song quote is from “When the Sun Goes Down.” The lyric is about how once night hits it’s time to play. It’s a clever play on words that’s fun to sing when going out at night.
3. “Because you’re mine, I walk the line,” by Johnny Cash. The country song quote is so famous that “Walk the Line” was the title for a movie about Johnny Cash. He wrote the line as a promise to remain faithful to his first wife, and it’s a good quote to tell someone you love.
4. “You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em, Know when to walk away and know when to run,” by Kenny Rogers. Taken from the song “The Gambler,” the lyric is a poker metaphor about life. One of the best country song quotes because poker players have adapted to using the quote about trusting your personal instincts.
5. “Life ain’t always beautiful, but it’s a beautiful ride,” by Gary Allen. The country song quote from “Life Ain’t Always Beautiful” is about how everyone has problems, but tough times make people stronger. It’s one of the best quotes because everyone has hard times, and it’s peaceful listening to a song that puts a positive spin on them.
6. “She needs wide open spaces, room to make her big mistakes,” by Dixie Chicks. The line from “Wide Open Spaces” relates to how people need to go out and live life. It’s one of the best country song quotes because it’s truthful that people should make mistakes to live and learn. The song says to go outside your comfort zone and make bold choices.
7. “It’s not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It’s what you leave behind you when you go,” by Randy Travis. The lyric off “Three Wooden Crosses” is an uplifting song quote that refers to how material things don’t matter; what counts are the deeds you do. It is a humbling song that reminds you that life’s about the little things, not big purchases.
8. “Life’s a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead sometimes you follow, don’t worry about what you don’t know,” by John Michael Montgomery. “Life’s a Dance” eases away fear of not being certain about the future. No one can see the future, so let things come one dance step at a time. The song quote is inspirational in that you can make mistakes, because it is a part of life.
9. “Finally content with a past I regret, I’ve found you find strength in your moments of weakness,” By Rascal Flatts. The entire country song “I’m Moving On” is filled with good life quotes about not letting anything get you down. Everyone has weaknesses, and everyone can learn from past mistakes by trying to move on from regrets.
10. “Promise me that you’ll give faith a fighting chance, and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance,” by Lee Ann Womack. This is an uplifting country song quote from “I Hope You Dance” about taking risks in life. Never be afraid to try something new, because it could end up being an amazing experience.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.