10 Best Country Songs 2008
The 10 best country songs 2008 contain songs by some of country’s greatest such as Trace Adkins, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban. Country music is a genre of popular music normally found in the southern states. It first evolved in the 1920’s and has become part of today’s mainstream music. Country music has been listened to by 77.3 million people each week, according to Arbitron Inc, a radio ratings agency.
- “Love Story” by Taylor Swift. “Love Story” is the best country song of 2008. Swift wrote, “This is a song I wrote when I was dating a guy who wasn’t exactly the popular choice. His situation was a little complicated but I didn’t care.” In 2009, the BMI Award went to Swift for “Love Story” being voted as “County Song of the Year.”
- “Waitin on a Woman” by Brad Paisley. This song became Paisley’s tweltfth #1 single. It is a very powerful song with lyrics such as “So when it finally comes my time. And I get to the other side I'll find myself a bench, if they've got any I hope she takes her time, 'cause I don't mind Waitin' on a woman.” The song debuted at #51 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
- “Every Day” by Rascal Flatts. This song was definitely one of the best country songs of 2008. It became Rascal Flatt’s nineteenth Top Ten single. The song made it to #2 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The song is about a person who keeps the narrator from making mistakes in life.
- “All I Want To Do” by Sugarland. This single is Sugarland’s third #1 hit. It was certified Gold by the Riaa in 2008 and certified Platinum in 2010. It tells the tale of a woman who doesn’t want to do anything except lover her man.
- “All Summer Long” by Kid Rock. Kid Rock has one of the best country songs of 2008. It is certainly hard to believe that Kid Rock is a country singer but he has made his make in the country music industry. The song was Kid’s first #1 hit. “All Summer Long” was the theme song at WWE pay-per-view event, Backlash 2008.
- “You’re Gonna Miss This” by Trace Adkins. Trace certainly has the best country song of 2008 with this hit. This is a very powerful and moving song that will bring you to tears. It is about a woman as she grows up and people are telling her that she will miss the precious moments in her life. It is Trace’s third #1 hit.
- “Sweet Thing” by Keith Urban. This title is Keith’s tenth #1 hit single. The lyrics of the song were inspired by Urban’s devotion to his Ford Mustang, which was featured in the video for the song. The song has more of a country-pop feel to it.
- “Ride” by Martina McBride. “Ride” is one of the best country songs of 2008. The song uses a roller coaster as a metaphor for life. The song was nominated for Female Video of the Year at the CMT Music Awards in 2009. The video ranked #41 on GAC’s Top 50 Videos of the Year.
- “Chicken Fried” by Zac Brown Band. This song became the band’s first #1 hit single. It was one of the best country songs of 2008 by a new band. The song was featured in Larry the Cable Guy’s movie “Witness Protection.” The third verse of the song was added after the attack of 9/11.
- “Put a Girl in It” by Brook & Dunn. The song is about several situations in which things are nothing unless you add a girl to the situation. The song debuted at #48 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The song peaked at #3 on the chart.