If you like to listen to music when you train, here are the 10 best country songs to run to during your workout. Playing music while you run can help motivate you to go faster or farther. Listening to music also helps to pass the time, especially when you run long distance.
- “Little Miss Honky Tonk” by Brooks and Dunn. Released in 1995, this song hit #1 on the Billboard Country chart. Brooks and Dunn were the most successful music duo of all time.
- “Chattahoochee” by Alan Jackson. This song was named the #1 hit of 1993 by the Country Music Association. Although it is only two minutes and 27 seconds long, it is still one of the best country songs to run to.
- “Any Man of Mine” by Shania Twain. Released in 1995, this song was Twain’s first crossover hit. She has recorded many great country songs to run to during her career.
- "Ain't Going Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)" by Garth Brooks. This tune hit #1 on the Billboard Country chart back in 1993. Brooks announced his retirement in 2000, but returned to performing in late 2009.
- “Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash. The Man in Black has many great country songs to run to. This song was released in 1963, and was his biggest hit.
- “Ready to Run” by Dixie Chicks. In 1999, this song hit #2 on Billboard’s Country charts and #30 on the Hot 100. It was released on the band’s album “Fly.”
- "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by The Charlie Daniels Band. This classic hit #3 on Billboard’s Hot 100 list back in 1979. Over 30 years later, it is still one of the best country songs to run to.
- “Independence Day” by Martina McBride. With her powerful voice, McBride has many country songs to run to. This song came out in 1994 and hit #12 on the Billboard Country charts.
- “On the Road Again” by Willie Nelson. This song hit #1 on the Country charts in 1980. It also climbed as high as #20 on Billboard’s Hot 100.
- "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight" by Hank Williams Jr. This song came out in 1984, and was used on ABC’s "Monday Night Football" for many years. It hit #10 on Billboard’s Country charts in 1984.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …