These 10 best couples’ weekend getaway destinations are all different kinds of experiences. A couples’ weekend getaway should include a great place to stay, good food and lots to do during the weekend, including places for relaxing.
- Las Vegas. Vegas is a weekend getaway where you can dress up, go to a show and live the glam lifestyle for a weekend. Affordable packages from most major cities, affordable dining options, and lots of entertainment options make it a place to enjoy the bright lights for a couple of days.
- Mackinac Island. This historic island is a car free place to relax for the weekend. Dine on the waterfront, take a horse drawn carriage, and enjoy the lake view from your bed and breakfast. Mackinac Island is famous for its horse shows, waterfront views, and handmade fudge.
- Napa Valley. Northern California is a couples’ weekend getaway with fine food and the wine to go with it. 250 vineyards line the valleys of Napa, many offering wine tastings. Couples can pamper themselves with the many hot springs and spas.
- Miami. The Latin vibe of Miami makes for an exotic weekend. Lounge on the beach, dine on Cuban cuisine, and salsa dance the night away.
- New Orleans. World class cuisine, jazz clubs, and historic neighborhoods make this southern city a great place to go for the weekend. Stay in an historic inn and take a ride on a paddleboat on the Mississippi.
- San Antonio. The Riverwalk is a great place for a romantic walk. Dine on steaks on the river or go to the Mexican market to get authentic Mexican food. Visit the historic Spanish missions.
- Santa Fe. Visit a spa in the mountains of New Mexico for a weekend. Go shopping for art and jewelry, try the local fine restaurants, and end the evening with a Mexican hot chocolate.
- Charleston. South Carolina’s historic city is charming. Tree lined streets, antique shops, and good southern food make this a getaway perfect for couples. Sail along the coast or walk along the beach.
- Seattle. This laid back city is a great place for a couples’ weekend getaway. Visit the Pike Street market to watch them toss the fresh fish, take a ferry to the islands and dine waterside on fresh salmon.
- Sedona. The stunning landscape of burnt ochre canyons in Arizona is a favorite of those who want to get back to nature. Spas and retreats are a good place to have a massage, eat some healthy cuisine and shop in the high end galleries featuring local artists.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.