The 10 best crazy rap songs will make you laugh and sing along. When rap first came out in the 1980's there was a lot of party-type songs that were crazy and a lot of fun. Check out the songs on this list of 10 best crazy rap songs to find out how fun rap can be.
- "911 Is A Joke" (1990) Flavor Flav / Keith Shocklee / Eric Sadler. This entry on the list of the 10 best crazy rap songs is more crazy than funny. Flavor Flav of Public Enemy lashes out at an ineffective 911 system with some crazy stories and his unique delivery.
- "Gas Face" (1990) Pete Nice / MC Serch. The "Gas Face" (1990) single was a song by rap trio 3rd Bass that attacked all of the rappers they did not like. It did not change rap music, but it is a crazy rap song to listen to.
- "Just A Friend" (1989) Biz Markie / Freddie Scott. Biz Markie started his career off with this entry on to the list of the 10 best crazy rap songs, and it sustained him for years. The drum beat and Markie's singing make this song unforgettable.
- "The Humpty Dance" (1989) Shock G. Rapper Shock G created the character Humpty Hump and started the Digital Underground. In 1989, the group released the single "The Humpty Dance" (1989) and it became an instant club classic.
- "Wild Thing" (1988) Young MC. This song is often referred to as the first rap hit single ever. It was written by Young MC, but Tone Loc's deep voice made this one of the 10 best crazy rap songs ever.
- "Bust a Move" (1989) Young MC. Young MC followed up on his success with Tone Loc's recording of "Wild Thing" with his own hit titled "Bust a Move" (1989). It is a series of some pretty bizarre stories about situations where the guy should make a move on a girl but never does.
- "Parent's Just Don't Understand" (1988) Will Smith / Jeff Townes. Before Will Smith was a major movie star he was the Fresh Prince in the rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. This was their first hit, and the accompanying video previewed some of the images that would identify Smith's rap career for many years.
- "Pop Goes The Weasel" (1991) MC Serch / Pete Nice / DJ Richie Rich. The rap trio 3rd Bass spent most of their recording career complaining about other rapper's. But their hit song "Pop Goes The Weasel" (1991) ranks as one of the 10 best crazy rap songs for its sample of the Peter Gabriel song "Sledgehammer" (1986) and its bizarre lyrics.
- "Average Homeboy" (1989) Denny Blaze. Denny Blaze is an Internet sensation known as Blazin Hazen. His off-time and poorly written rap song "Average Homeboy" (1989) became an Internet hit and ranks as one of the 10 best crazy rap songs ever.
- "Baby Got Back" (1992) Sir Mix-a-Lot. This song was one of the most popular raps songs of 1992. It is an homage to the larger female backsides, and its subject matter makes it one of the 10 best crazy rap songs ever.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.