The 10 best crime movies will offer you sexy criminals, lots of action and tons of adventure. These movies have some of the biggest names in movies. From the mafia to death row, these movies tell a tale of crime, conviction and even the wrongly accused.
- "The Godfather" Pushed to live a life he never wanted to lead, Michael Corleone must become the head of his mafia family once his father is gunned down and nearly dies. Now it is his job to avenge his father's shooting and keep the mafia family under control.
- "Silence of the Lambs" A young FBI Agent seeks the knowledge of Hannibal Lecter, a convicted killer who was once a brilliant psychiatrist. However, his help comes with a price. As Lecter helps the young FBI Agent find the killer, he also digs into her past and brings up things she would rather forget.
- "Se7en" This high-action crime movie is based around the seven deadly sins. The killer chooses who is going to die by their sins. A rookie detective and a detective that is ready to retire are running out of time to catch the killer before it is too late.
- "The Green Mile" Set in the 1930s, death row guards see something they don't quite understand. John Coffey, a man on death row, can cure pain and suffering in humans and animals and see into people's souls. One of the guards, Paul, believes that has not committed the crime he is accused of, but is powerless to stop John’s execution.
- "Die Hard" Police Detective John McClane is the only one that can save his wife and her co-workers from a terrorist group. Working alone in the Nakatomi Plaza, John must figure out how to save his wife before it is too late.
- "Lethal Weapon" A nearly retired cop gets an unlikely partner in this crime movie. Murtough and Riggs must learn to work together to stop the deadly drug organization.
- "The Last Boy Scout" An alcoholic private detective teams up with an ex-quarterback in order to find out who killed his girlfriend. A mix of pro sports, strippers and politicians are among those in the sights to find the killer.
- "The Fugitive" Accused of killing his wife, a man is on the run from the United States Marshals to find the real killer. The search for the fugitive started this memorable quote, “ What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area.”
- "Striking Distance" No one likes a cop who implicates another cop and that is exactly what Tom Hardy did after the murder of his father. In the quest to find a serial killer, hardy must work alone because no one on the police force will believe him.
- "Shooter" A retired military sniper is brought into a sinister plan by politicians playing on his patriotism. They then frame him for a murder he did not commit and he must prove his innocence while on the run.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
What to Drink on Labor Day
Seven options to see out the summer with style. And by style we mean a cool buzz.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
A 99-pack and nine other nuggets of conversational fodder.