10 Best Cristiano Ronaldo Goals
Rooting out the ten best Cristiano Ronaldo goals is a little bit like finding the top ten Michael Jordan shots. Sure, the guy’s only 25 and hasn’t had the chance to prove himself of the number 23 had over the course of a career, but the energy and vitality of Ronaldo’s playing style is electrifyingly reminiscent of Jordan’s.
- Vs. Sporting Lisboa, November 27th 2007. In the best goal of his young career, Ronaldo became airborne in the goal box against his former side, knocking in a header in a completely lateral position. An incredible act of athleticism, the goal saw the Man United crack leap for a ball just beyond his reach, and send it into the back of the net with the crown of his head.
- Vs. Roma April 1, 2008. It looked like Paul Scholes was kicking into empty space in front of Roma’s goal. Suddenly, there was Ronaldo, like a bat out of hell, destroying the ball with his head, scorching into the goal. A mind-blowing goal that is not only one of Ronaldo’s best, but a highlight of recent Champion’s League play.
- Vs. Chelsea May 30th 2008. Ronaldo’s header of off a Wes Brown cross in the Champion’s League final against English Premiership fellows Chelsea was a stunning shot. Suspended in air, the Portuguese crack whipped his body in a half circle, sending the ball flying to the back of the net. One of Rolando’s best goals, hands down.
- Vs. Porto, April 15th 2009. Ronaldo’s 40-yard cracker against Porto in the Champions League semi final won the Portuguese prodigy the FIFA Goal of the Year award and the Top Man United Goal of the Decade. One of Ronaldo’s top ten goals, the shot had a life of its own, traveling a vast stretch of pitch and improbably finding the back of the net.
- Vs. Everton, December 23rd, 2007. One of Ronaldo’s top ten goals is this rainbow strike against Everton. After flipping the defender, Portugal’s prodigal son launch a shot that sailed high, before curving under the cross bar at the last minute, befuddling Everton’s American goal keeper, Tim Howard.
- Vs. Portsmouth January 30th 2008. Legendary Man United manager Sir Alex Ferguson called Ronaldo’s beautifully curving free kick “'the best I've seen in the Premier League”. The perfectly place strike is one of Cristiano Rolando’s top ten goals.
- Vs. Arsenal, May 5th 2009. Ronaldo’s brilliant curve into the near-side of the net on a free kick against Arsenal in the Champion’s League put the nail in the coffin of the north Londoner side’s European title aspiration. With its perfect placement and elliptical trajectory, the crack is certainly one of Ronaldo’s top ten goals.
- Vs. Dynamo Kiev, October 23rd 2007. Ronaldo schooled his feeble defender in this Champions League game. Flipping the ball’s trajectory with the bottom of his foot, Ronaldo pivoted with lighting quickness and bolted the ball to the back of Kiev’s goal before the defense knew what was happening. An expert piece of footballing, and one of Ronaldo’s best goals.
- Vs. Aston Villa March 29th, 2008. Ronaldo’s second goal against Aston Villa in this March ’08 fixture involved one of the world’s best strikers on the assisting counter-attack: Wayne Rooney. Like Jordan and Pippen, the pair navigated the pitch like it was a friendly pick-up game. At the last minute, Ronaldo caught a shuffle pass and slid a beautiful lateral shot into Villa’s net.
- Vs. Fullham, February 24th, 2007. Rounding out CR7’s top ten goals is a brilliant strike against Fullham in which Ronaldo picked up the ball in his own half, ran past the whole Fullham side, cut into the path of the goal, and sent a scorcher into the back of the net.