if you are considering buying a cruiser motorcycle, then this list of the 10 best cruiser motorcycles will guide you to the right choice. There is no bad or low quality motorcycle on this list, each bike features good and bad qualities with the final decision being left to the rider. The bikes are assessed and ranked in terms of perceived handling, power, comfort, and price.
- Yamaha V Star Custom. This bike is great for beginners and experienced riders alike, this cruiser motorcycle offers features such as ease of riding for a modest sticker price. The V Star Custom can be a less economical choice than some others but is as the name implies, more customizable.
- Harley-Davidson Sportster XL 883. This cruiser motorcycle is a favorite of many enthusiasts due to its classic styling and excellent power. This cruiser motorcycle is designed after the original motorcycle that made Harley-Davidson famous.
- Suzuki Boulevard M50. The Boulevard M50 is touted as one of the best bargains available. The Boulevard is known for excellent handling and reliable power with a catchy design.
- Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. This cruiser motorcycle is one of the most powerful on this list, the bike is a favorite of many beginners and experienced riders alike. It is known for its success on the drag strip with quality handling being a plus.
- Honda Shadow Spirit. This bike is one of the smallest on the list in both physical size and engine size. Don't let that put you off though, it features excellent breaking and handling that make the bike great for inexperienced motorcyclists.
Honda Shadow Aero. Sister the the Shadow Spirit, this motorcycle features minor differences in styling and transmission. Some models also allow for various customization options.
- Triumph Bonneville. Often though of by motorcyclists as one of the best thing to come out of the United Kingdom, this cruiser motorcycle has a unique as striking style that when combined with excellent power makes it a fantastic choice. The model is a favorite of many classic riders.
Harley-Davidson FXDX. One of the most original and popular bikes, the FXDX is said to have pioneered the sport cruiser category. This cruiser motorcycle is excellent for those who want the classic look of an older model with modern technological advancements.
Suzuki Intruder 1400. A jack-of-all trades, this motorcycle is a classic that performs well in any environment. A great cruiser for riders who plan to use a motorcycle as their sole means of transportation.
- Yamaha Road Warrior. The top of the line cruiser motorcycle for Yamaha, this bike combines excellent power and handling with style and size that make it a presence on road. This motorcycle is widely recognized and respected as both a beginner bike and a favorite of many grizzled riders.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.