10 Best Culinary Schools In America
Being an aspiring chef can be difficult without the additional hassle of sorting through the best culinary schools in America. Luckily, we're here to help you narrow down your choices by listing the ten best culinary schools in America.
- Institute of Culinary Education. Located in New York City and founded in 1975, ICE's career division offers a fast and intensive education geared towards those who are twenty and older. Students need either two years of college or two years of work experience in order to be able to enroll. Institute of Culinary Education: 50 West 23rd St. New York, NY 10010. (212) 847-0700
- Texas Culinary Academy. With new facilities and over fifteen years of experience, TCA offers the opportunity to learn anything from basic cooking to learning how to manage a culinary related business. Located in Austin, Texas, the area around the school is full of culture, arts, music and restaurants which will appeal to anyone with an interest outside of studying. Texas Culinary Academy: 3110 Esperanza Crossing. Suite 100. Austin, TX 78758. 1 (888) 559-7222
- California Culinary Academy (San Francisco). The academy offers hands-on cooking classes in combination with lecture courses and instruction in classical and contemporary culinary techniques. In addition, the CCA (SF) offers classes on business management, wine appreciation and hotel operations. California Culinary Academy: 350 Rhode Island St. San Francisco, CA 94103. 1 (888) 858-5222
- Culinary Institute at Hyde Park New York. Over three hundred companies hit campus this year to recruit students from all forms of culinary arts; the Culinary Institute remains one of the ten best culinary schools in America. Offering in Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry Arts as well as a Bachelor's and Associate degree program, the Culinary Institute boasts high-profile alumni and is the oldest culinary school in the United States. Culinary Institute at Hyde Park: 1946 Campus Dr. Hyde Park, NY 12538. (845) 452-9600
- Johnson & Wales University. The first college to have offered a bachelor degree in the Culinary Arts, Johnson & Wales is much more than just a culinary school. They also function as a normal university, allowing their students to take classes that are not related to the culinary arts. They have been rated as one of the best culinary arts colleges in America by Emril Lagasse. Johnson & Wales University: 8 Abbott Park Place. Providence, RI 02903. 1 (800) DIAL-JWU
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Boston. Boston is very much a food town and it is now home to a culinary school. The school owns and operates a restaurant called the Technique at Le Cordon Bleu and it gets rave reviews. La Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Boston: 215 First St.
Cambridge, MA 02142. (866) 817-0222
- Pennsylvania Culinary Institute. Founded in 1986, the school has a full fifteen month Associate degree program in Specialized Technology and an Associate degree program in Specialized Technology in the pastry program. It's also been rated one of the best culinary schools and has a partnership with Pittsburgh's International Culinary Academy. Pennsylvania Culinary Institute: 717 Liberty Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15222. (412) 261-2452
- French Culinary Institute. Learn French techniques in a fast-paced curriculum. With many distinguished faculty members, the hands-on program gets well-trained students into the work place quickly. It's rated one of the best culinary schools in America and has classes for all skill levels. French Culinary Institute: 462 Broadway. New York, NY 10013. 1 (888) 324-2433
- Scottsdale Culinary Institute. The Associate degree of Occupational Studies can be completed in fifteen months and includes a three month stint at an internship at the the location of your choice. The facility has state-of-the-art culinary equipment. Scottsdale Culinary Institute: 8100 E. Camelback Rd. #1001. Scottsdale, AZ 85251. 1 (888) 557-4222
- L'Academie de Cuisine. It is recognized as one of the best culinary schools in America. The campus located in Maryland offers classes for adults and children as well as professional programs for gourmet chefs. In 1997, the L'Academie de Cuisine received the International Associate of Culinary Professionals Award of Excellence in the Cooking School category. L'Academie de Cuisine: 5021 Wilson Ln. Bethesda, MD 20814. (301) 986-9490
Posted on: May. 17, 2010