There are times when you just want to smile, which is the perfect time for the 10 best cute songs about love. Though sometimes you want heartbreaking melodies and other times, soulful jazz, the following are feel-good classics sure to put you in a better mood.
- “Calling You” by Blue October. Blue October captures the somewhat adorable neediness inherent in the best cute songs about love with lines about calling your girl just to see if she’s “ok” when you aren’t there.
- “Teddy Bear” by Elvis Presley. Very few things are cuter than teddy bears, and this cute image of cuddling up to a teddy bear put Elvis Presley on the list of best cute songs about love.
- “Stick Shifts and Safety Belts” by Cake. With an overly countrified feel, this song captures the heart-wrenching pain of being about eight inches away from the object of your affection.
- “Here Comes My Girl” by Tom Petty. Tom Petty solidifies his image as a sweetheart with this cute song about love. It reaches your heart and makes you smile with its simplicity.
- “Dirty Girl” by the Eels. In this feel-good song, the Eels manage to make having a dirty mouth sound adorable. The band laments the bittersweet love and loss of girl with a dirty mouth.
- “We are Gonna be Friends” by the White Stripes. The White Stripes cement their place on the list of best cute songs about love with this tale of schoolyard crushes and friendships.
- “Hotel Yorba” by the White Stripes. Again, Jack White-an unlikely candidate for a cute list- wrote a cute song about love by painting a picture of a carefree, country romance.
- “Sugar Pie Honey Bunch” by the Four Tops. This is a classic among the best cute love songs. Few things are cuter than this Motown tune.
- “Sugar Sugar” by the Archies. Few things are sweeter or cuter for that matter, than thoughts of sugar, honey and candy.
- “Eep Op Ork Ah Ah" covered by the Violent Femmes. This was originally a song from a cute cartoon called “The Jetsons.” The Violent Femmes revved it up a bit for their cover.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.