10 Best Dance Hip Hop Songs
Hip hop has been deeply embedded in American culture, so as with all things, there's a list of the 10 best hip hop Dance songs ever. These are the old and new songs that have withstood the test of time and everyone can still dance to.
- ''Candy Shop'' - 50 Cent and Olivia made a classic with this one, an oddly sexual but still fun song to dance to and have tons of fun with. 50's singing might not be too great, but it's still kind of catchy. This song cemented 50 as one if history's hip hop giants.
- ''Gold Digger'' - This song will remain timeless as one of Kanye's bests. A combination of Jamie Foxx's Ray Charles Gospel parody and his own unique hip hop based lyrics, it just never gets boring.
- ''Yeah!'' - Usher, Lil Jon, and Ludacris. If there was ever a triple match made in heaven, it's this one. Usher's voice is simply mesmerizing and Lil Jon's beats provide the perfect undertone. It's simply a dance club favorite.
- ''Fight The Power'' - A song that's upbeat and has a meaningful message behind it? This song is what other songs aspire to be, something that's more than just a hip hop, dance song.
- ''C.R.E.A.M'' - The Wu-Tang clan tries to give the audience a sense of life as well as keep them rocking their heads and dancing with this great song. Over the years it's been paid homage to and parodied, but never forgotten.
- ''99 Problems'' So it's famous for just one line, and bachelors may not be too fond of this hip hop song, but it's still a great beat and the ladies still seem to love to dance to it.
- ''Temperature'' - Man when this came out, it was played over and over again until the disk caught on fire. Sean Paul's masterpiece is still here, and the DJ will play this to give the crowd a good sense of nostalgia. Even today, there are thousands of bodies dancing to this song at any given moment.
- ''Don't Stop the Music'' - A simple song about dancing, and what a job it does. Rihanna's hit single blew the charts and blew up the dance floor with its flow and originality.
- ''Slim Shady'' - Whether or not Eminem is the greatest rapper alive is a matter of opinion, but it's probably widely agreed that this song's beat and flow is just amazing. How shady can keep up with the incredibly fast-paced beat with his lyrics is astounding, and it'll leave the crowd dancing wildly every time.
- ''A Milli'' - This might just be a song played for the beat, like most hip hop dance songs are, as Lil Wayne's voice will be lost amongst the low buzz of conversation. But just the beat's enough, because it's consistent and great to dance to.
Posted on: Jan. 18, 2011