10 Best Dance Songs Of 2008
2008 was a great year for music, which is why these 10 best dance songs of 2008 will get people moving in no time. Put these tracks in your playlist at your next party to make your gathering a smash hit. Here are some of the greatest tunes of the year, the best dance songs of 2008:
- "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. As M.I.A.'s biggest hit to date, "Paper Planes" is a creative alternative hip hop and dance style track. Certainly one of the best dance songs of 2008, M.I.A.'s unique style shines through on this likeable track.
- "Say Aha" by Santogold. This dance hit from Santogold mixes elements of new wave with dancehall rhythms. As one of the best dance songs of 2008, the track builds up an awesome chorus with it's catchy vibe.
- "American Boy" by Estelle featuring Kanye West. British R&B singer Estelle's "American Boy" featuring American rapper Kanye West sure made its mark, being covered and parodied numerous times, as well as seen in many forms of visual media. In fact, the song even won an award at the 51st Grammy Awards: the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.
- "Human" by The Killers. The Killers' track received mostly positive reviews, except for some confusion over the chorus' line "Are we human, or are we dancer?" Besides the odd grammar, the synthpop track proved to be a hit.
- "Day 'n' Night" by Kid Cudi. Kid Cudi's debut single "Day 'n' Night" may be a bit more low key than some of the other dance tracks in 2008, but it made its mark nonetheless. The song, which has catchy hip hop lyrics, had broad appeal to listeners of many genres.
- "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga has surely proven herself out to be an innovative artist, and it all started with her debut single "Just Dance." Not surprising based on the title of the song, this was surely one of the best dance songs of 2008.
- "Shut Up and Let Me Go" by The Ting Tings. The English duo The Ting Ting's alternative dance song "Shut UP and Let Me Go" has proven itself , having been featured on TV shows, as well as in a film and an advertisement. As one of the best dance songs of 2008, it received substantial play in the United Kingdom.
- "Disturbia" by Rihanna. The synthpop "Disturbia" quickly became one of Rihanna's biggest hits of the year. The song has a noticeable club like feel that can get people up and dancing in no time.
- "Give It 2 Me" By Madonna featuring Pharrell. Madonna's "Give It 2 Me" shows that she's still got it. Featuring back up vocalls from Pharrell Williams, the track has a building electropop beat with self-empowering lyrics.
- "Dance Wiv Me" by Dizzee Rascal featuring Calvin Harris and Chrome. English rapper Dizzee Rascal's track "Dance wiv Me" is surely one of the best dance songs of 2008. Rascal's grime style mixed with Chrome's R&B and Harris' dance music style made this song a top hit.