10 Best Date Horror Movies
Need to know what the 10 best date horror movies are? Horror movies might be the best thing to take a date to, as you don't have to talk but she'll be inclined to jump into your arms in the darkness and hold on tight, possibly letting your hands do some simple wandering. You don't want to take her to a horror film like "Hostel," where people are being graphically tortured and gutted, as your date might be grappling with you and then, subsequently, vomiting on you, which is something that's only considered romantic in very small circles. Choose your date horror movies wisely, ensuring that she will jump into your arms but doesn't feel squeamish or uncomfortable throughout the experience.
- "The Sixth Sense": Barely a horror film, "The Sixth Sense" is a perfect date horror movie, as it has a few scares but a lot of emotion, guaranteeing your date will feel good at the end. Just don't watch anything else by M. Night Shyamalan or else the mood will turn to annoyance and boredom.
- "Jaws": The opening scene consists of a drunken couple running along the beach and a girl stripping off her clothes in silhouette before swimming out into the ocean to be eaten by a massive shark. It sets the mood of a sexy, smart date horror movie.
- "The Shining": A perfect horror movie for a date when it is snowing or raining hard outside. Promise you won't go crazy on her and hide the baseball bats, just in case.
- "Dawn of the Dead (the remake)": A fun, popcorn horror film which has pretty people killing zombies and a certain amount of sexiness throughout makes this the perfect date horror movie.
- "Rosemary's Baby": A woman is impregnated by the devil in this horror classic. An even better reason for her to stay as close to you as possible and focus on not getting pregnant.
- "An American Werewolf in London": Funny, bizarre and scary, the original version of this film was one of the best simple horror films made in the last thirty years. Watch it during a full moon for added effect.
- "Evil Dead 2": Cartoonish, grotesque and cultish, the horror classic from Sam Raimi will have her laughing and hiding her head in your chest all at the same time, which is all you really want in a date horror movie.
- "Friday the 13th": Teenagers hook-up with each other at a summer camp while being murdered by a psychopath wandering around with a knife and a hockey mask. Lots of sex scenes and gore is never a bad thing. Date horror movie deluxe.
- "Texas Chainsaw Massacre": Gritty, gory and classic. As long as your date has a strong stomach, this is an excellent date horror film. Plus, you'll look like the handsomest guy in the room next to Leatherface.
- "The Strangers": A simple (not true, despite how it is advertised) date horror movie about a couple who is about to get married and then are brutally murdered by total strangers.