Ten of the best day spas in New York can be essential in such a fast-paced city where stress is the norm. New York offers day spas that are affordable for the individual on a budget as well as those who spare no expense for their peace of mind.
- Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa This spa is one of the original spas when they were rare. This location offers history as well as a wide range of massages, laser hair removal and facials. Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa: 691 Fifth Ave. New York, NY 10022 (212) 546-0200
- Oasis Day Spa This spa is a heavenly oasis conveniently located in three locations within and around New York. Oasis offers everything from elaborate accommodations for spa events to reasonably priced spa packages. Oasis Day Spa: Affinia Dumont 150 E. 34th St. New York, NY 10016. (212) 545-5254
- Juvenex Juvenex literary means “the essence of youth.” This location combines the spa secrets of Asian, American and European culture. Juvenex is the only day spa to offer some of the most unusual spas, including the Jade Igloo made with twenty tons of semi-precious stones. Juvenex: 25 West 32nd St. New York, NY 10001. (646) 733-1330
- Bliss Soho This spa is the original location of the Bliss spas. It was founded by Marcia Kilgore in the mid 90’s. Bliss offers one of a kind products for every need of the body for the reasonable budget. Bliss Soho: 568 Broadway New York, NY 10012. (877) 862-5477
- The Spa at Mohonk Mountain House This place is not just a spa but a complete family getaway. The Spa is a family-owned and operated hotel that has been around since the 1800s. It recently opened the “Teen Care Facial” while parents enjoy a couple’s massage. The Spa at Mohonk Mountain House: 1000 Mountain Rest Rd. New Paltz, NY 12561. 877-877-2664
- Great Jones Spa This spa has been fondly nicknamed the “wet lounge solarium” because of its variety of hot tubs and saunas. The Great Jones Spa offers an assortment of affordable treatments for every part of the body. Great Jones Spa: 29 Great Jones St. New York, NY 10012. (212) 505-3185
- The Townhouse Spa This spa is a luxurious three-story spa located in a restored Manhattan townhouse. This spa offers the latest amenities catering to both men and women. The Townhouse Spa highlights a variety of suites and lounges from the Phoenix Suite for private meetings and romantic treatments. The Oceana Hydro Capsules has state of the art spa equipment with 30 jets for supreme massages. The Townhouse Spa: 39 W. 56th St. New York, NY 10019. (212) 245-8006
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York This spa is wonderfully located in a lavish hotel with supreme service and treatments. If sparing no expense is your motto, this is your spa. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is one of the greatest luxury hotel spas in New York City. It is located on the 35th floor away from all noise and distractions. Upon your arrival, customers are greeted by the spa concierge with slippers. This oasis promises to leave any visitor speechless with its many signature treatments. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York: Mandarin Oriental, New York. 80 Columbus Cr. New York, NY 10023. (212) 805-8880
- Haven Haven offers a getaway for complete calm and solitude with affordable prices. Haven opened their doors in 1998, offering an staff trained to offer complete relaxation with great knowledge in product lines and specialized treatments. Haven: 150 Mercer St. New York, NY 10012. (212) 343-3515
- The Peninsula Spa by ESPA This is a luxurious rooftop spa in central New York City which offers seclusion with a city-wide view. The Peninsula promises to offer a variety of body treatment and supreme skin care needs. They combine several philosophies to deliver unique standards with the best therapists. The Peninsula Spa by ESPA: The Peninsula New York. 700 Fifth Ave. New York, NY 10019. (212) 956-2888
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.