10 Best Death Scene Ever
Here is a list of the 10 best death scene ever. Death is a common theme in many movies, especially action or horror films. How the deal is portrayed can really make or break a movie which is why it is vital to do a good job. Some directors make these scenes so pivotal and poignant that they stay with us forever.
- “The Wizard of Oz," Death of the Wicked Witch of the West. We don’t think that anyone who has seen this movie will ever forget the melting of the Wicked Witch. This iconic scene will remain with us for many, many years to come.
- "Bambi," Death of Bambi’s Mother. In this animated film, Bambi’s mom is shot by hunters. Millions of people have become teary eyed from this moment in the movie, and this scene is irrevocably tied into what people remember about Bambi. Without a doubt, this is one of the 10 best death scenes ever.
- "Psycho," Death of Marion Crane. Known by all, this death was a true Hitchcock moment. These 45 seconds are some of the most horrifying and memorable in movie history, especially seeing that not a single knife puncture was shown. As one of the 10 best death scenes ever, there are few that have ever been parodied as much as this.
- "Dr. Strange Love Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb," Death of Major T.J. ‘King’ Kong. This comedic death is a work of art. The Major rides an A-Bomb to his death, waving his cowboy hat and yelling the whole way. This moment belongs, without a doubt, on this list of 10 best death scenes ever.
- "Jaws," Death of stunt woman Susan Backlinie. Although never named in the movie, in this death scene, the actress is just swimming along, minding her own business before she gets dragged under and pulled from side to side. One of the 10 best death scenes ever, this death feeds upon all our fears of what might be lurking under us.
- "Monty Python’s Meaning of Death," Death of Arthur. Although this movie has a whole section dedicated to death, this one is the funniest. Arthur gets to pick a death of his choosing so he decides he wants to be chased off a cliff by a topless woman in G-strings and helmets. Can’t say it is a bad way to go and that makes it one of the 10 best death scenes ever.
- "Top Gun," Death of Goose. This is one of those death scenes in a movie where you really feel the loss. The way that Maverick searches for and then holds Goose with so much care and then having him come face to face with Goose’s wife is enough to bring most women to tears. This emotional scene is one of the 10 best death scenes ever.
- "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," Death of the Terminator. This poignant moment in the "Terminator" movie is one of the 10 best death scenes ever because it is so stoic and heartfelt. It is always hard to destroy a friend, even a machine.
- "Jurassic Park," Death of Dibakd Gennaro. There is nothing like getting eaten by a T-Rex while in a port-a-potty, which is why this is one of the 10 best death scenes ever. We all know that cowering in an outhouse during a movie will only lead to trouble, but we are all secretly thankful that the dinosaur took care of that guy quick.
- "Braveheart," Death of William Wallace. This is one of the 10 best death scenes ever because of how horrific, yet romantic, it is. As William is being tortured to death, he chooses his last words to be "Freedom," yelled clearly for all to hear. He also sees his wife who died previously and she makes all the pain go away as they chop off his head. We all wish that our last moments are as joyful as his.