The 10 best depressing songs about love are all appropriate songs to listen to after a breakup or for lovers who are apart. Some of these songs are rock songs, while others are country songs. All ten of these songs have sad and depressing words in their lyrics.
- "Can't Be Really Gone" by Tim McGraw This Tim McGraw song makes the list of the top depressing songs about love. It's a sad song about a man reminiscing of a girl he once really loved, but now she's gone.
- "It's Gettin' Better All the Time" by Brooks and Dunn This depressing country song is about a very sad man. He misses his love so much, but claims the pain is slowly easing.
- "I Surrender" by Celine Dion This song is about a woman who would do anything to be with the man she loves. She sings lyrics of love and what she would be willing to do to be with him.
- "Home" by Michael Buble This song, made famous by Michael Buble, talks about a very lonely man. This man just wants to go home to see the love of his life, but he is sad because he can't.
- "Tonight I Want to Cry" by Keith Urban Another country song makes this list of depressing love songs. Keith Urban sings of how he feels tonight because he is all alone and the woman he loves is gone. He feels so miserable that he just wants to cry.
- "Nobody Knows Me" by Lyle Lovett This song makes the list and is about a very lonely man. He feels that no one really knows him and he's extremely sad because he's all alone.
- "Going Under" by Evanescence Evanescence sings this depressing rock song about love. The girl in this song is upset about a love gone bad.
- "Goodbye Girl" by Hootie and the Blowfish This sad song is about two lovers saying goodbye. This song offers slight hope though that just because two people say goodbye, it doesn't mean it will be forever.
- "Photograph" by Nickelback Nickelback makes the list of top depressing songs about love in this song. It's a song about reflecting back on different pictures that contain many memories. The memories make this man feel horrible when he realizes how much he misses his girl.
- "I Can't Make you Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt In love there's nothing worse than loving someone who does not love you back. This depressing song talks about a woman who loves a man and as much as she would like to, she can't make him love her back.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.