10 Best Digital Cameras For Photography
Need to know about the 10 best digital cameras for photography? Maybe you were snapping a picture of your son kicking the soccer ball and ended up with a super close-up—of the ball as it hit the camera. Or you heard a sickening thud as you sat in your favorite chair and jumped up to find your camera below you with a cracked lens. Or maybe you're just tired of lugging around a one megapixel dinosaur that weighs as much as your ten month old, and you're ready to upgrade to a digital camera that was manufactured in this century. But with so many brands and options out there, how do you choose the right one for you? There are a lot of good digital cameras out there (as well as some clunkers), but if you're looking for a reliable point-and-shoot camera for general photography and don't want to spend more than your mortgage payment, you can select from this list of 10 good digital cameras and feel pretty confident.
- HP Photosmart M437, 5 MP, 3x Optical Zoom. User friendly, good pictures. Sells for $129.
- Canon PowerShot A1100 IS 12.1 MP, 4x Optical Zoom. Quick and easy but with lots of features. Costs $129.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS7, 10 MP, 4x Optical Zoom. Large-sized LCD screen and a stabilized zoom for clearer pictures. Costs $139.
- Kodak EasyShare M381, 12.4 MP, 5x Optical Zoom. User friendly, good pictures, convenient size. Goes for $152.
- Olympus Stylus 7010, 12 MP, 7x Optical Zoom. Large-sized LCD, good quality pictures, fun features. Sells for $154.
- Casio Exilim EX-Z100, 10.1 MP, 4x Optical Zoom. Small, light, easy to use, and good pictures and video. Costs $159.
- Samsung Digimax L74, 7.2 MP, 3.6x Optical Zoom. Compact size, large viewer, touch screen. Costs $182.
- Fujifilm FinePix S1500 10MP, 12x Optical Zoom. Wide angle zoom, great image stabilizer, plenty of features, solid construction. Sells for $189.
- Nikon Coolpix S4000, 12 MP, 4x Optical Zoom. Large-sized LCD, fast shutter, and on-camera editing feature. Costs $199.
- Pentax Optio S12, 12 MP, 3x Optical Zoom. Intuitive, pocket-sized, great picture clarity. Costs $229.
These are all good cameras, but they may not all be suited to your particular needs, and the digital camera market is constantly changing. Before you buy your digital camera, read reviews and visit a few brick and mortar stores so you can actually hold the cameras. If you take just a little care, you'll be able to decide on the best digital camera for your photography needs.