The ten best digital cameras for sports must be durable, have the ability to take crisp, clear action shots, and have superb zoom functionality. All of these cameras are portable and reliable for personal and professional use. Since they are all great digital cameras for sports pictures, take into consideration your budget when choosing the right one for you.
- Nikon D700. This is at the higher price range of digital cameras, but it has a great on-camera flash with a diffuser to help with low-light conditions. This 12.87 megapixel Nikon camera has clear picture quality, high ISO range and is very durable which makes it one of the best digital cameras for sports.
- Nikon D90. This camera is a little less expensive than the previous camera and has a higher megapixel count of 12.9. It is easy to use and has a lot of extras features, such as the ability to take movies, which makes it a great digital camera for sports or personal use.
- Canon EOS 40D. This 10.5 megapixel camera is at the higher end of most people’s price range. It provides clear pictures, lots of extra features, and is durable.
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX1. This camera does not have any shutter delay, which is essential in shooting sports action. It sells for a very reasonable price which adds to the attraction of this compact, 9.1 megapixel camera.
- Canon Powershot SX10 IS. This 10.01 megapixel digital camera is best for sports because it has a 20x optical zoom lens, image stabilization, and a new DIGIC 4 Image Processor to help provide crystal clear images of moving objects. There are comprehensive manual controls for advanced photographers.
- Panasonic DMC-FZ28K. With an 18x optical zoom lens, you can get extremely close to the subject with excellent image quality and effective image stabilization, which makes it one of the best digital cameras for sports. This 10.1 megapixel camera also has comprehensive manual controls and an HD movie mode.
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50. This is a great digital camera that boasts Double Anti-Blur Solution and 15x optical zoom, which works great for taking sports pictures. With a scratch resistant body and UV hard coating it is very durable and rugged. It only has 9.1 megapixels but includes a Super HAD CCD imager and a precision Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens.
- OlympusSP570 UZ. This is a versatile, compact, 10.0 megapixel digital camera with a precision crafted 20x wide-angle optical zoom lens. This camera is great for both personal and profession sports photography because it offers manual controls, including a new zoom ring and hot shoe for external flash, but can easily be set up to operate like a simple point-and-shoot camera.
- Canon Powershot G10. The G10 has a 14.7 megapixel sensor for shooting hi-resolution images and a 28mm wide-angle lens. With the new DIGIC 4 image processor, the camera shoots blurry-free portraits and action shots. This camera is considered an advanced point and shoot camera with compatibility with exciting accessories such as Speedlite flashes.
- Fujifilm FinePix S1500. This is the best digital camera for sports that is under $300. With a high 6400 ISO, a 12x zoom lens, Dual Image Stabilization, and a new Tracking Autofocus Function, you are in control of every shot. The camera boasts 10 megapixels in a durable, yet lightweight body.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."