The 1970s and 1980s produced lots of great music, but none greater than the 10 best disco songs of all time. White suits, long hair and sideburns were only half the story when it came to '70s style. Nothing symbolizes the era better than a disco ball and some cool music.
- "I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor There is no song in the world that will excite a karaoke bar better than this Gloria Gaynor song about being strong. Gloria hit the high notes and her powerful voice helped make this the best disco song of all time.
- "Stayin' Alive" Bee Gees The closest anyone came to matching Gaynor was when the Bee Gee's produced this funky effort. The high pitched singing trio wore bright white suits and had hairstyles reminiscent of lion manes, but this song is one of the best to dance to at discos.
- "Don't Leave Me This Way" Thelma Houston This disco song really gets the feet tapping and the blood bumping. No man could leave after this emotional appeal and even if you were cold hearted, you would stick around to hear this all-time great song.
- "Dancing Queen" ABBA There are many contenders for the disco singing queen, but ABBA produced the undisputed dancing queen. This nightclub favorite by the Swedish super stars stands the test of time and is one ten best song songs of all times
- "Super Freak" Rick James Rick did not just write a song, he also introduced a new term into the common vernacular with "Super Freak." Anyone who loves disco songs knows that this is one of the best and Rick's crazy outfits are worth seeing over and over again.
- "Funky Town" Lipps Inc. If you want to find the best disco songs, you should probably head to a place called Funky Town. Lipps Inc. produced a great song about a non-sensible subject, but dancers love it now as much as they did in the '70s.
- "Y.M.C.A." Village People Every good disco needs a guy dressed as a native American and at least one cop. The Village People knew how to get disco dancers on their feet and "Y.M.C.A." is one of the best disco songs of all time.
- "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough" Michael Jackson Anyone who thought the Bee Gees had high pitched voices was in for a surprise with this glass-shattering song. Michael Jackson became a bigger star further down the line, but this early effort is one of the all-time best disco songs.
- "It's Raining Men" Weather Girls There were not just a few horny blokes at disco clubs in the '70s. In fact, it was raining men according to this classic. The weather girls knew little about meteorology, but they knew how to sing and produce one of the best disco song.
- "I Feel Love" Donna Summer No one did more to keep the disco era alive than Donna Summer and "I Feel love" is her best disco song. The fast beat, eerie vocals and synth base are hard to beat.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …