The list of the 10 best Disney movie quotes have been uttered by some of cinema’s most endearing characters. Disney has been making great movies for decades, and giving us great personalities and stories. In addition to making movies for kids, Disney often sneaks in subtle humor for adults, making their films truly fun for the whole family.
- “What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?” The unforgettable Timon utters this line, one of the best Disney movie quotes, in “The Lion King,” as a query as to how to distract some hyenas. A split second later, Timon is in fact dressed in drag and doing the hula.
- “10,000 years will give you such a crick in the neck.” Robin Williams is phenomenal as the voice of Genie in “Aladdin,” often ad-libbing his lines with animators drawing in the character later. He yells this line, one of the best Disney movie quotes, after being released from the confines of his lamp.
- “Second to the right, and straight on till morning.” This is the advice from Peter Pan on how to get to Neverland, the magical place where kids never grow old. While not particular funny or profound, this is one of the best Disney movie quotes because it has come to symbolize this movie and what it means to stay young at heart.
- “If it’s not baroque, don’t fix it.” As Cogsworth, the clock in “Beauty and the Beast” gives a tour of the castle to new arrival Belle, this is his attempt at humor and it is one of the best Disney movie quotes. He points out some baroque architecture and then makes this pun.
- “You! Are! A! Toy!” In “Toy Story,” Buzz Lightyear is deluded into thinking he is an actual space ranger, fighting the forces of evil. An exasperated Woody, after trying to get him to realize he is just a toy, finally grabs him by the shoulders and yells this in his face.
- “If you can't say something nice… don't say nothing at all.” This great line and great life-lesson comes from Thumper, the rabbit in “Bambi.” This is a great lesson for the millions and millions of kids who have watched this film through the ages.
- “Off with their heads!” This line is made infamous by the Queen of Hearts in “Alice in Wonderland.” A ruler who is paranoid and temperamental, she was quick with a temper and quick to order beheadings.
- “Humans? Who said anything about humans?” In “The Little Mermaid,” Sebastian the crab knows that Ariel has gone to the surface to see humans. King Tritan, her father, does not, and when Sebastian lets this slip, Tritan wants more explanation. This is Sebastian’s nervous response.
- “No, no, no, don't worry. It's lemon.” In “Monsters, Inc.” Sully and Mike get banished to the realm of the Abominable Snowman (voiced by Pixar regular John Ratzenberger). The Snowman offers them a yellow snow cone, which Mike avoids, following the adage to never eat yellow snow. This is the snowman’s response.
- “You know, it's a good thing you're not a big, fat guy or this would be really difficult.” In the “Emperor’s New Groove,” after Emperor Kuzco has been turned into a llama, he teams with the hefty Pacha to get back his kingdom. He says this line, one of the best Disney movie quotes, sarcastically, as he lugs Pacha on his back.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”