Just because The Windy City has tons of trendy nightclubs doesn’t mean you can’t go slumming, so we have gathered a list of the 10 best dive bars in Chicago for all you pub crawlers. You'll want to keep this list handy for those nights when you don't feel like dressing up or spending your entire paycheck on a night at the clubs. At these dive bars, a couple of bucks, ripped jeans and a dirty T-shirt is all you need for a good time.
- The Mutiny–This hole in the wall is by far the best dive bar in Chicago. From the giant 36 ounce chilled beer mugs to the mixed cocktails served by the pitcher, you can’t beat the Mutiny’s drink prices, much less the “No Cover Charge Ever” policy for live entertainment seven nights a week. Be sure to check out the giant, oversized urinal in the men’s room. Maybe that’s there because of the giant drinks? The Mutiny: 2424 N. Western Ave. Chicago, IL (773) 486-7774
- The Exit–Whether you’re a rocker, a punk or a dancing Goth industrialist, two floors of after hours drunkenness awaits you at our second best dive bar in Chicago. Open until 5 a.m. on Saturdays with Bondage Night on Thursdays for those of you who deserve a spanking. The Exit: 1315 W. North Ave. Chicago, IL 60642. (773) 395-2700
- The Liars Club–Now this is one of the best dive bars in Chicago because you can get canned beer, drink specials and theme parties seven nights a week. There’s seldom a cover charge for either level of this gloriously dilapidated hole in the wall. The Liars Club: 1665 W. Fullerton Ave. Chicago, IL 60614. (773) 665-1110
- Sidekicks–Karaoke every night is enough fun to make you forget how dark and dismal this place is. If that doesn’t work, they have fifteen kinds of vodka! Sidekicks: 4244 W. Montrose Ave. Chicago, IL 60641. (773) 545-6212
- Dugan’s–Now talk about dive bars! In Chicago, Dugan’s is known for having Pabst and Schlitz and a rolo-dex of take out and delivery menus to make up for the lack of kitchen. Dugan's: 6051 N. Milwaukee Ave. Chicago, IL 60646. (773) 467-5555
- Di’s Den–This place is a nice bar disguised as a dive bar. A full room to play darts, several big screen TVs, electronic bag games and, reportedly, a bartender named Martian that claims to be a Leprecon kidnapped from Ireland. Di's Den: 5100 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL 60641. (773) 736-7170
- Gambler’s–A nice little haunt that has great drink specials, raffles to win monthly prizes, a bunch of videos games like "Golden Tee" and "Photo Hunt" and a pool table! Free food on Mondays makes Gambler’s one of the best dive bars in Chicago. Gambler's: 4908 N. Pulaski Ave. Chicago, IL 60630. (773) 545-3566
- Family Bar–With every liquor known to man, a digital juke box and a wall of dart boards, it’s pretty much the leaking roof and multitude of condom machines that makes Family Bar one of the greatest dive bars in Chicago. Family Bar: 6340 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL 60634. (773) 685-8134
- Trinity Pub–A nasty little hole in the wall that has PBR on tap. Parking sucks, but the kitchen, pool tables and kick ass parties at Trinity Pub definitely make up for that. Trinity Pub: 5943 N. Northwest Hwy. Chicago, IL 60631. (773) 763-0095
- Nite Cap–Two rooms of Chicago dive bar history. If you like live music at a reasonable price, here’s one dive bar in Chicago that won’t let you down. Enjoy the ambiance of the red curtains hiding the dilapidated walls while you rock out. Nite Cap: 5007 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL 60641. (773) 282-8654
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”