Here are the 10 best Don Draper quotes. It is no question that Don Draper, of the hit show "Mad Men," is the ultimate man. Suave and all class, he sets the ladies swooning with one simple glance. Use these quotes so you can channel your own inner Don Draper.
- "On a bed of money." Don says this line in response to a character asking him how he sleeps at night. This is the epitome of the "Mad Men" era, and demonstrates the luxury of Don Draper's lifestyle.
- "If you don't like the conversation, change it." Don Draper must be a Leo, because he has a take-charge personality that helped him forge his way to the top of the company. This quote is a definite example of that Don Draper-persona.
- "I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." This is just another example of Don Draper and his unique outlook on life: one part adventurous, one part slightly cynical. Shake well and serve over ice.
- "I'm not going to let a woman talk to me like that!" While this may not be the most politically correct thing Don Draper has ever uttered, it is extremely indicative of his character, as well as the changing times the cast lived in.
- "Advertising is based on one thing: happiness." Don Draper's character and the drama of the show can sometimes overshadow the fact that Don is, in fact, brilliant at his job. This quote reminds us of that fact.
- "You want some respect? Go out there and get it for yourself." This quote sums up Don Draper's views on life. He is not the kind of person who is going to sit around and wait for something to happen, and he doesn't respect others who may do that.
- "Listen, Pete, I need you to go get a cardboard box. Put your things in it. Okay?" Don Draper may be an enviable character, but as a boss, he would be rather intimidating.
"What is this? You can't convince me for a second that you were ever unloved." While Don Draper's tough persona may be the first thing one notices, one can't deny his power over women. He simply exudes charisma and confidence.
- "I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie, there is no system, the universe is indifferent." Here we go again with Don Draper's harshly realistic view of the world. As unpleasant as his realizations are, career-wise, they've gotten him extremely far. Don Draper gets what he wants, when he wants it.
- "I can't decide… if you have everything… or nothing." This may be one of the most quintessential Don Draper quotes. For all his bravado, he is a conflicted man. This quote is perfectly representational of that inner conflict.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.