Out of the many quotes from Drake, there are 10 best Drake quotes that are purely motivational. Drake is one of the best known overnight success stories. His raps have substance, his beats are catchy and his hooks are on point. Drake has quickly risen to the top of the rap genre, and he never allows the success to change who he is.
- “They say I’ll have fun but I can’t imagine how. ‘Cause I just see my ex-girl standing with my next girl, standing with the girl that I’m with right now”; from "Say What’s Real." Drake sees his career as being more important and takes it more seriously than the girls constantly lining up to have a relationship with him for a good time.
- “I can’t even find the perfect brush, so I can paint what’s going through my mind. Racing against myself but I’m a couple steps behind. That’s why I got to ask, ‘Is anything I’m doing brand new? Is everything I’m doing too late?’”; from "Brand New." Drake questions his thought patterns and if his creativity is original.
- “That’s why I never follow y’all suggestions I just always did my own thing. Now I run the game, you stupid muddasuckas”; from "Uptown." Drake proves that instead of following a cookie cutter mold, he can be creative and successful on his own.
- “I’m like a waiter if you something like a hater. With trays in both hands place an order I can cater”; from "City Is Mine." Drake relays the message that he can take a negative comments towards him and become even more successful from them.
- “The other day Lissa told me she missed the old me. Which made me question when I went missing”; from "The Resistance." Drake prides himself on staying the same. He wonders if he has lost a piece of himself with his quick success.
- “I know they say the first love is the sweetest, but that first cut is the deepest"; from "Karaoke." Drake's first love is his music, he claims that the first time he was rejected it woke him up to do better next time.
- “Everybody talks and everybody listens. Somehow the truth just always comes up missing”; from "Say What’s Real." Drake explores the fact of how everyone claims to tell the truth and tries to help others, but they fail to mention portions of the truth that would change the outcome.
- “Life is like a confused teacher. First she gives the test and then teaches the lesson”; from "Thank Me Later." Drake uses this metaphor to show how you should learn from the lessons life teaches you because similar situations are bound to happen again.
- “Because I get paid to stand and I get paid to sit. So I don’t walk around with money, baby girl, because I’m made of it”; from "F da BS." Drake ostensibly flirts with the fact that everything he does makes him money. Therefore, he never has a need for money.
- “I remember Amy, she used to AIM me. She stayed up late and used to blame me. She say ‘I’m too wild, she wanna tame me.’ I told her ‘Even Photoshop couldn’t change me’”; from "Digital Girl." Drake shows how set in his ways he is and how he influences others, but does not succumb to influence.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.