The 10 best Drake rapper lyrics come from songs off of a variety of albums. Some of the lyrics come from Drake's rap verse on another artists song, while others are from his own tracks. He has a great way of writing lyrics with a play on words that often uses references to pop culture which turns into memorable lines. The 10 best lyrics by rapper Drake is a good mix of humorous and heartfelt.
- "Last name ever, first name greatest." One of the 10 best Drake rapper lyrics comes from the song "Forever" which is on the "More Than a Game Soundtrack." The word play is a coy way of Drake saying he is the greatest ever. The songf eatures lyrical verses by Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Eminem.
- "One thing bout music when it hits you feel no pain." The lyric is from rapper Drake's song "Thank Me Later." He plays on the word 'hits' which usually insinuates physical contact. One of the 10 best Drake rapper lyrics because everyone can relate to music hitting their ears.
- "You say you got baggage, well I'm packed too." From the 2010 song "I'm Ready for You," the rap lyric is one of Drake's best. It insinuates the girl has emotional baggage, and Drake does not care. The entire lyric is a great play on the word 'baggage'.
- "Buzz so big, I could probably sell a blank disk." One of the best Drake rapper lyrics is from "Best I Ever Had," which was the first single from his mixtape "So Far Gone." The humorous lyric implies Drake's so popular if his name was on a blank album, it would sell. Drake's buzz was so big the song hit #2 on Billboard Hot Singles Chart.
- "Labels want my name beside the X like Malcom. Everybody got a deal, I did it without one." In one lyric Drake sums up how his career took off before being signed. From the song "Forever," the Drake lyric has a great play on Malcom X's name. One of the 10 best Drake rapper lyric because he brags about his success without sounding conceited.
- "I'm really too young to be feeling this old." A truthful and heartfelt lyric about how Drake grew up emotionally at a young age. In one short lyric Drake encompasses raw emotion. The lyric comes from the song "Over" which is off the 2010 album "Thanks Me Later."
- "Don't like my women single, I like my chicks in twos." A humorous lyric by Drake which is a play on the relationship status 'single'. The second line gives the twist he's referring to being with more than one girl at a time, and not a girl with a boyfriend. The lyric is from the song "Right Above It" which also features Lil Wayne.
- "Both hearts beat like a metronome, both n'sync like a Justin song." One of the 10 best Drake rapper lyrics because he incorporates a good hearted jab at Justin Timberlake. Drake uses the word n'sync to talk about being synched up, but it's a play on Justin Timerlake's former boy band N'Sync. The lyric comes from the remixed Lykke Li song "Little Bit."
- "I ain’t Santa, I got something for these bad bitches too." The great wordplay about how Santa doesn't give gifts to the naughty is why it's one of the 10 best Drake rapper lyrics. Drake uses an old saying and twists it into a clever lyric. The rap lyric is from the 2010 song "Unforgettable."
- "I race for your love shake and bake, Ricky Bobby." The tenth best Drake rapper lyric comes from his verse in the Lil Wayne song "Bed Rock." The lyric uses trivia from the movie "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby." In the movie race car drivers Ricky Bobby and his best friend had the nicknames shake and bake.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.