Any good party needs to have good music, and these ten best drinking songs are a sure way to get everybody up and moving and having a good time. Drinking songs come from every genre of music, from country to rock to blues and hip-hop. Check out this list of the ten best drinking songs; you're sure to find one or two of your favorites!
- "Tequila" by The Champs – Perhaps most famous as the music behind the famous "Peewee Herman Dance," "Tequila" is also popular in bars and at parties. The only lyric, of course, is the title of the song, which is shouted out three times over the course of the tune.
- "I Like Beer" by Tom T. Hall – While not as much of a party song as others on this list, this is nonetheless a great song for aficionados of the hops. Lyrics go, "I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow/I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow."
- "Whiskey Drinking Woman" by Nazareth – This song about a hard drinking woman is something a lot of men can relate to.
- "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett – The ultimate ode to frozen concoctions, "Margaritaville" is less a place and more a state of mind.
"Gin & Juice" by Snoop Doggy Dogg – This was the party song of the summer in 1994, and was heard pumping out of cars, homes and frat houses everywhere.
- "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks – This song about drinking to get over a broken heart resonates with just about all of us, even if you aren't a fan of country music.
"All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight" by Hank Williams, Jr. – Modified for use as the theme for Monday Night Football, this song is all about a redneck get together.
"Roadhouse Blues" by The Doors – A bluesy rock song with an apocalyptic lyric, what's not to love?
- "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" by George Thorogood – A song about a down on his luck fellow who's lost his job, his apartment and his girl. Nothing to do but keep drinking!
- "Have a Drink on Me" by AC/DC – The ultimate hard drinking song, this is made for getting people up and partying. The band claims it's a tribute to fallen lead singer Bon Scott; if that's the case, it's very fitting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.