The 10 best driving rock ballads are all great songs to listen to in the car when you are traveling with your friends, family, girlfriend or spouse. Rock ballads have been popular since the days of The Beatles and Elvis, and they probably always will be. Listen to these driving rock ballads to see which ones you like best.
- “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith is one of the best driving ballads to listen to. It was the main song from the movie Armageddon in 1998. The movie starred the daughter of Aerosmith’s lead singer Steven Tyler. This song is a good ballad to drive to when you are heading home to your girlfriend.
- “With or Without You” by U2. This song came out in 1987. The lyrics talk about people’s relationships. It was voted the best single of the year by the readers of Rolling Stones magazine. This is another great ballad to sing along with when you are driving and thinking about your woman.
- “Iris” by The Goo Goo Dolls is a great driving rock ballad. It came out in 1998, and was nominated for a Grammy. The song talks about finding true love in the lyrics. Listen to this song when you are driving alone in the car and you are in a sad mood.
- “Let It Be” by The Beatles. This classic song came out in 1970. Paul McCartney wrote the song about his mother who died when he was younger. There are many great Beatles songs to listen to in the car when you are driving, and anyone can sing along with this one since the song is slow-paced.
- “Keep On Loving You” by REO Speedwagon is another great driving rock ballad. The song was released back in 1980. It was about the lead singer of the group’s wife cheating on him and how he would always love her even though she was unfaithful. If you are driving, make sure to pay attention to the road if you are listening to this song after recently breaking up or if you are having problems with your girl.
- “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica. This song was released in 1991 and is a great driving rock ballad to listen to in the car. The song lyrics are about the lead singer’s girlfriend. Metal songs are fun to sing along with and this is another Metallica hit to play especially during a long drive.
- “Love of a Lifetime” by Firehouse. This song is a popular song at weddings. It came out in 1991. The lead singer wrote the song in his motel room one night after a gig. If you are on a trip and this was one of the songs you used at your wedding it will help remind you of your wife.
- “Black Hole Sun” by Soundgarden. This hit came out in 1994 and won a Grammy. According to the lead singer he only took about 15 minutes to write the song. This is another song to play when you are driving and you are in a sad mood about someone.
- “The Scientist” by Coldplay is a good song to listen to when you are driving around. This song was released in 2002. It talks about a scientist and how he forgets about his girl due to working too hard. Listen to this song when you are driving home to see your wife after work.
- “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” by Simple Minds is a great rock ballad. This was the song from the 1985 movie The Breakfast Club. It is a good song to listen to when you are on the road, and has some great lyrics. If you had a great time in high school, this is one of the best songs to listen to when you drive.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.