10 Best Earning Retirement Investments
When it comes to retirement, there should not be too much stress over money since here you have the ten best earning retirement investments to consider. However, with these investments, it is a good idea to use these vehicles for earning income in addition to what you get each month.
- CDs (Certificate of Deposit). All banks offer this kind of service and the longer you let your money sit, the higher the rate you will get. There is an interest penalty if you do not let it mature.
- SEP (Simplified Employee Pension). Also known as a SEP-IRA, this is for the self-employed and their employees. You can tax defer the investment, but when you withdraw, you end up paying tax too.
- Roth IRA (Individual Retirement Account). Banks also offer this retirement investment which is one of the best earning retirement investments. You use your after-tax money to invest in this vehicle but when you withdraw, there is no tax penalty.
- Bonds. Corporations and governments borrow your money and when the bond reaches its maturity, you get paid for the principal. It won’t make you rich overnight, but it is one of the best earning retirement investments for folks who want to retire.
- High Yield Savings Account. It is a savings account that online banks offer to their clients such as ING Direct, Ally, and Bank of America for example. But in this case, you earn more interest compared to the regular savings account.
- Invest in Your Own Business. If you own your own business, you made a wise decision with regards to one of the best earning retirement investments. But just make sure you know how to spend your money wisely and save when you can for other investments to add to your money.
- Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). Corporations use this method for tax designation on real estate in order to reduce or eliminate corporate income taxes. Ninety percent of the funds are required to be distributed to their investors. If you do not know much about real estate, it can be one of the best earning retirement investments for everyone.
- Investment Property. If you currently get monthly income to rent out places, you are in luck. But if you are not doing this at the moment, it would be a good time to get into this which is one of the best earning retirement investment.
- 401(K). Many employers offer this option for you to invest in. In many cases, they contribute a certain dollar amount to match how much you put into it. However, it is best to know ahead of time if the company that you work for has this option.
- Venture Capital. How some start-ups get their funds are from people who are willing to invest in their business. If your gut says that this would be one of the best earning retirement investments for you, then maybe you should take the risk and invest in a start-up company. However, bear in mind that this poses a much higher risk than many of the other choices for best earning retirement investments.