If you live on the east coast and love to ski you’ll want to know the ten best east coast skiing spots. To be sure, the skiing out east is much different than the snow you’ll find on the west coast, but the east has its own charms. Be sure to check ski and snow reports before heading out to the slopes as the conditions on the east coast can be variable, especially in the beginning of the season. If you check the weather, know the best east coast skiing spots and are prepared for more packed snow than fluffy powder, the east coast can be a fun and exciting place to ski!
- Stowe, Vermont. Not only one of the best east coast skiing spots, but also probably the most famous. Stowe is a beacon for skiers from both coasts and plays host to thousands of skiers every season. The town surrounding the mountain is the classic ski town where you’ll find fun shops, restaurants and nightlife.
- Killington, Vermont. Killington’s sprawling size places it firmly on the list of the best east coast skiing spots. You could spend a week skiing at Killington and still not get to everything. It’s not just the skiing that’s exceptional, the resort itself, with the shops, nightlife and dining are often considered to be some of the best resort amenities in the country.
- Jay Peak, Vermont. Jay Peak lands comfortably on the list of the best east coast skiing spots due to its massive natural snowfall. You won’t find too much more at this resort than skiing, but the hardcore skiers prefer it that way. If you’re into backcountry terrain, Jay Peak is one of the only places in the east you’ll find it.
- Whiteface, New York. Whiteface is worth traveling to for the varied terrain. No matter what your skill level you will find something here to thrill you, weather the easy and relaxing hills for beginners or the famed double black “the slides” at the very peak of the mountain.
- Bristol Mountain Ski Resort, New York. Located in Canandaigua, New York, Bristol Mountain Ski Resort cites its steep vertical and well groomed trails to make it one of the best east coast skiing spots.
- Gore Mountain, New York. One of the most popular ski resorts in New York, Gore Mountain is also one of the best east coast skiing spots, and provides great skiing for skiers of all ages and proficiency levels.
- Berkshire East Ski Area, Massachusetts. Located in Charlemont, Massachusetts, Berkshire East Ski Area is one of the best east coast skiing spots around.
- Blue Mountain Ski Area, Pennsylvania. You can’t talk about the best east coast skiing spots without mentioning the Poconos in Pennsylvania. Blue Mountain is one of the premier skiing destinations in the Poconos.
- Seven Springs Mountain, Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania’s largest ski resort with year round activities. Seven Springs is home to not just great skiing but great entertainment, playing home to festivals and concerts year round.
- Waterville Valley Ski Area, New Hampshire. Located in Waterville Valley, this ski resort is on one of the highest mountains in New England. You’ll find great ski and stay packages all around the nearby village of Waterville Valley.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?