These ten songs are all easy guitar rock songs for the beginner guitarist. They are all rock songs with a wide variety of era; going from Joan Jett to Twisted Sister to Greenday.
- “Every Rose Has Its Thorn,” by Poison. This song is typically one of the first songs guitar players learn because of its simplicity. It contains only four basic chords; G, C, D and Em.
- “Knocking on Heaven’s Door,” by Bob Dylan and Guns N’ Roses. Another four-chord song was made famous by two different artists. This top ten easy guitar song is one of rock’s greatest tunes ever. It contains the chords G, C, D and Am.
- “Wonderful Tonight,” by Eric Clapton. Eric Clapton made this easy guitar rock song famous years ago and it is still a popular song at weddings and for cover bands to do. It contains five chords; G, D, C, Em and Am.
- “House of the Rising Sun,” by the Animals. This is one of the top ten easiest guitar rock songs ever, and one of the most popular. It contains the chords Am, C, D, F and E7.
- “I Remember You,” by Skid Row. A popular hair band from the ‘80’s came out with this easy rock song. It contains the chords G, C, D, Am and Em.
- “When I Come Around,” by Greenday. This rock song is a little more modern than the others and contains five basic chords, G, D, Em, C and Am. It is a fun and easy song to play on guitar.
- “I Love Rock ‘N Roll,” by Joan Jett. For chic-rock guitar players, this is one of the easiest rock guitar songs to learn. It has three chords, E, A and B. It’s fun to play and sounds great.
- “We’re Not Gonna Take It,” by Twisted Sister. Twisted Sister was a popular band in the ‘80’s and this song is one of the easiest songs to play on guitar. It has the chords E, Eb, C#, B and A.
- “Take it Easy,” by the Eagles. Another easy guitar rock song was made famous by the Eagles. It has five basic chords in it: G, D, C, Em and Am.
- “All Right Now,” by Free. This two-chord song is guitar’s easiest song ever. Containing the chords A and D, many beginner guitar players learn guitar by starting with this easy guitar rock song.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.