If you love the club scene and enjoy great electro music, you should definitely check out the 10 best electro DJs. Hailing from the U.S. and Europe, these are the guys who know how to captivate an audience and send them into a pleasure-induced dancing fit. Before you download any music, be sure to check out some of the amazing hits produced by the best electro DJs in the world.
- DJ Tiesto: DJ Tiesto was heavily inspired by big-production acts like U2, so he invested in the live aspects of his own shows. Creating his own sound, light and visual extravaganzas, he was soon able to throw arena-sized dance musical events. He formed his own label, has been nominated for a Grammy and even performed at the opening ceremony of the Athens Olympics with music that he composed himself. Needless to say, he’s considered the world’s best electro DJ and for good reason.
- Benny Benassi: If you don’t know the Benny Benassi mix “Satisfaction,” you’re missing out on a masterpiece. No man that's ever seen the video, filled with hot sweaty women, will ever forget it. It was just the beginning for his Milan-bred Italian DJ sensation. Trust us; if you love Italian electro Djs, you won’t want to pass this one by.
- Armin van Buuren: Dutch DJ Armin van Buuren has been kicking out some great electro and trans hits ever since he hit the scene in the late ‘90s. Ever since, he’s been on the climb, kicking out more great tunes and amassing loyal fans. If you’re curious about why he makes our list of the best electro DJs, just check out his radio show “A State of Trance.” ASoT has more than fifteen million listeners weekly and has its own day on Sirius XM in the United States.
- Deadmau5: While he recently made the news after collapsing, mid-gig, at the Washington DC 9:30 Club, Deadmau5 is still going strong. The man behind the mouse head, Joel Zimmerman, is an outstanding electro DJ, best known for his unparalleled light shows and powerful music mixes.
- David Guetta: If you’re looking for a Grammy-winning DJ superstar who’s scored more than twenty million in track sales, you need look no further than the best electro DJ France has yet to produce. How great is he? He’s the first DJ to ever grace the cover of Billboard magazine.
- Chemical Brothers: The British electro DJ duo, Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons, helped to launch the big beats electro dance genre during the 1990s. While best known for their powerful live sets, they have released seven studio albums to date. Considered to be one of the greatest arena-sized electro DJ acts of all time, they’re a sure thing if you want some great electro dance beats
- DJ Cosmo: Popular electro DJ Cosmo got his start back in the early ‘80s, when he began playing Clubs of Southern Germany. By ‘92, he was producing his own music and his first release “Graceland – My Best is Rock n’ Roll” became the ultimate summer hit in Spain, following its release in eight countries across Europe.
- Fatboy Slim: English DJ Norman Quentin Cook, otherwise known as Fatboy Slim, is famous for his big beats and as pioneering electro dance for many would-be Djs to follow. His most popular hits, to date, are “Praise You” and “Weapon of Choice."
- Boys Noize: Founded by DJ Alex Ridha, Boys Noize has been rocking clubs in Germany, across Europe and has been received very well in the United States. Boysnoize Records (BNR) was launched in 2005, allowing Ridha to release his own work, as well as producing for other talented electronic acts. One of Europe’s hottest electro Djs, his debut “Oi Oi Oi” should be a prerequisite for any fan.
- Timo Mass: German-born electro DJ Timo Maas bought his first set of turntables at the age of seventeen and began playing Top 40 music at various bars. By ‘82, he was able to play his first electro gig in a friend’s basement and this led to a booking for six years into the future. Some of his most recent works have been collaborations with Placebo’s Brian Molko.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …