The ten best Eminem song lyrics come from an array of major label releases, underground records, and mixtapes. While most are aimed at his enemies, there are also songs that tell stories and make you laugh.
- “White America” – The Eminem Show. From Eminem’s third major release, “America” exhibits some of the best Eminem song lyrics. “Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself/ if they were brown, Shady lose, Shady sits on the shelf/ but Shady's cute, Shady knew, Shady's dimples would help/ make ladies swoon, baby, (ooh baby) look at my sales.”
- “Till I Collapse” – The Eminem Show. “Collapse” drives a militaristic beat that packs a punch behind Eminem’s verses. “But I’ll never be served, my spot is forever reserved/ If I ever leave earth, that would be the death of me first/ Cause in my heart of hearts I know nothing could ever be worse/ That’s why I’m clever when I put together every verse.”
- “Anyman” – Rawkus Soundbombing II. “Anyman” contains some of Eminem’s funniest song lyrics. The most notable: “Give me eleven Excedrin my head'll spin/ Medicine will get me revving like a 747 jet engine/ Scratched my balls till I shredded skin/ ‘Doctor, check this rash, look how red it's been’/ ‘It's probably AIDS!’ Forget it then.”
- “Invasion (The Realest)” – The Invasion Mixtape. “Invasion” highlights Eminem’s war with Murder, Inc. and Benzino. “I don't know what it is or what it could be/ But I get a woody when these p***ies try to push me/ Thinking they gone put me in a position to pickle me/ Y'all tickle me pink/ I think I'd just rather have Pink tickle me.”
- “Marshall Mathers” – The Marshal Mathers LP. To date there haven’t been harsher song lyrics from Em about his detractors than the song bearing his name. “All I see is sissies in magazines smiling/ Whatever happened to whylin out and being violent?/ Whatever happened to catching a good-old fashioned passionate ass-whooping/ and getting your shoes, coat and your hat tooken?”
- “Low Down Dirty” – The Slim Shady EP. This EP was Em’s first acclaimed underground release. “Dirty” contains the wittiest of Eminem’s song lyrics, none more so than the opener: “Warning, this s**t's gone be rated R, restricted/ You see this bullet hole in my neck? It's self inflicted/ Doctor slapped my mama, ‘B***h, you got a sick kid’/ Arrested, molested myself and got convicted.”
- “Nail in the Coffin” – The Invasion Mixtape. “Nail” is the infamous Benzino diss leveled at the former co-owner of “The Source” magazine. It’s brutal and unflinching. “What you know about being bullied over half your life?/ Oh that’s right, you know what that’s like, you’re half white/ Vanilla Ice, spill the beans and rice, I'm eating you alive inside/ Jesus Christ, if you’re that much of a gangster, put the mic down/ You should be out killing motherf***ers right now.”
- “As the World Turns” – The Slim Shady LP. Eminem’s early song lyrics featured hilarious storytelling. “Turns” has this in spades. “They never should've booted me out of reform school/ Deformed fool, taking a s**t in a warm pool/ They threw me out the Ramada Inn/ I said it wasn't me, I got a twin (Oh my god it’s you! Not again!).”
- “Criminal” – The Marshal Mathers LP. “Criminal” is the final barrage of Eminem song lyrics on an album chock full of knockouts. “Windows tinted on my ride when I drive in it/ So when I rob a bank, run out and just dive in it/ So I'll be disguised in it/ And if anybody identifies the guy in it/ I'll hide for five minutes/ Come back, shoot the eyewitness/ fire at the private eye hired to pry in my business.”
- “Like Toy Soldiers” – Encore. “Soldiers” is Eminem’s attempt at squashing his various beefs with Murder, Inc. and Benzino. “And even though the battle was won, I feel like we lost it/ I spent too much energy on it, honestly I'm exhausted/ And I'm so caught in it I almost feel I'm the one who caused it/ This ain't what I'm in hip-hop for, it's not why I got in it.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.