10 Best England Holiday Cottages
For those looking for a unique English holiday experience, these 10 best England holiday cottages combine old world style with modern comforts. Choosing one of these cottages for your holiday destinations will allow you to immerse yourself into the culture and history of the country. So take a step into yesteryear and enjoy a stunning holiday that will help rejuvenate and relax.
- Old Drift House – This 15th century cottage located in the quaint village of Kersey provides a charming and relaxing atmosphere with highly rated accommodations. There are four large bedrooms and this cottage can accommodate eight people. The modern amenities include a fully fitted kitchen, television, DVD player, stereo, a washer and dryer and a barbeque for informal summer dining.
- Castle Cottage – Located within the walls of Wadhurst Castle near East Sussex, the beautiful views and close proximity to local pubs and shops make this location picturesque and desirable. This cottage is the perfect central location for visiting some of the country's treasured tourist attractions such as Hever Castle, Anne Boleyn’s childhood home and Winston Churchill’s Chartwell.
- The Watermill – This cottage was originally a corn mill and then renovated into a watermill providing electricity for the town of Porlock. It is just a short walk to the sea and only 500 yards from the town’s pubs and restaurants, which makes this an ideal location for your holiday. The inside renovations boasts luxurious furnishings and treasured antiques.
- Harbour House – This coastal retreat in Brixham, Devon is surrounded by secluded coves and pristine beaches. The furnishings of the holiday getaway are very contemporary and a nautical feel is portrayed throughout the house. The terrace makes a perfect setting for late summer dining or entertaining with friends.
- Lakeside Cottage – A perfect escape for a couple looking for a romantic getaway, this beautiful cottage is set on two acres of lush greenery and a tranquil lake, making this a wilderness haven. If you do want to venture out, South Hams is nearby offering restaurants, pubs, shopping and a scenic beach landscape.
- Trotters Cottage – This darling destination is located in the heart of mid-rural Devon, so you can enjoy the rural landscape with the modern conveniences of nearby Devon and Cornwall. This cottage can accommodate up to eight people and is a perfect for families given all of the nearby family friendly attractions.
- Ffynnon Gron – With accommodations for up to sixteen people, this 16th century treasure has amazing views of the countryside and the Preseli Hills in Wales. This is a perfect holiday destination for those seeking adventure in the outdoors as this cottage is surrounded by the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
- Beltingham House – A classical Georgian country house located in Northumberland, this location can accommodate up to fourteen people. With its close proximity to the 10th century church of St Cuthbert, this destination is also an amazing wedding venue.
- Keepers Cottage – This amazing treasure is located on the England Scotland border in northeast Cumbria. Originally a shooting lodge, it has been luxuriously updated and renovated to provide five star comfort with the peaceful tranquility of a secluded location. The busy market town of Brampton is only nine miles away if you need to find a nice pub or restaurant to visit.
- Little Canwood House – Escape to a destination that will infuse the peacefulness of the countryside to encourage relaxation and comfort. This property has been recently refurbished and renovated to create a luxurious property that is perfect for families or small groups. Located fifteen minutes from the Hereford city center, so you are always close to modern luxuries if you crave them.