The 10 best English adventure movies are one of the most common genres of British cinema. Adventure films are a genre of film, which typically involves characters who journey to a treasure-like destination. Perhaps the 10 best English adventure movies are listed here.
- "Lawrence of Arabia" (1962) is considered one the best British films of all time. It is certainly one of the best English adventure movies. It tells the story of a complex man as he engages is military adventures in the desert campaigns during World War I.
- "Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (1964) has been considered a first-rate comedy since it was released. It is another military adventure, concerning nuclear brinkmanship, and was directed by Stanley Kubrick. It's not a stretch to classify "Dr. Strangelove" as one of the 10 best English adventure movies of all time.
- "A Clockwork Orange" (1971) involves an adventure of a futuristic sort. It depicts a dystopia where roving gangs of young men drink milk and engage in random acts of ultra-violence. The re-education of their leader underlies a moralistic tale about the reform of unrepentant criminals.
- "Brazil" (1985) is a masterful futuristic film, directed by Terry Gilliam. Also the story of a dystopia, it paints an Orwellian vision of the future, where the population is completely controlled by the state.
- "Children of Men" (2006) tells a near-futuristic tale of England, where children can no longer be conceived. It is certainly among the 10 best English adventure movies.
- "28 Days Later" (2002) offers another near-future story by acclaimed director, Danny Boyle. The adventure that befalls the protagonist involves surviving an epidemic that has transformed most of the population into blood-thirsty beasts.
- "Dr. No" (1962) was the first James Bond film, starring Sean Connery. It is still considered one of the best Bond films, and must be listed among the 10 best English adventure movies.
- "Excalibur" (1981) is a classic tale of King Arthur. It follows the travels of the legendary sword named Excalibur through the Arthurian myths.
- "A Fish Called Wanda" (1988) tells the comedic story of the theft of $20 million in diamonds. Comedy and crime are clearly evident, but this film is also decidedly one of the best English adventure movies.
- "Son of Rambow" (2007) is a more recent comedy. This English adventure movie tells the story of two boys who create a short film, along with some of their classmates and exchange students from France.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.