Listed below are the 10 best English pop albums of all time. The UK has produced some of the most impressive singers and groups ever in the pop genre, which seemingly originated there with the incredible success of The Beatles. Listed below are the ten best English pop albums.
- "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", The Beatles: Without a doubt this is one of the ten best English pop albums of all time. It is arguably the greatest album from The Beatles, released in 1967. With such songs as "A Day in the Life," "Getting Better," and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," it is simply unbeatable as a British pop album.
- "Revolver", The Beatles: Another great album from The Beatles, this one was released in 1966. It includes "Eleanor Rigby," "Yellow Submarine," and many more great tunes from the most popular music group of all time.
- "London Calling", The Clash: This 1979 album by The Clash is regarded as one of the best albums of all time. It includes a number of hits, including the title track, "London Calling."
- "Space Oddity", David Bowie: This 1969 David Bowie album really set the style of his music, which would follow the style of Space Oddity for decades afterwards. It includes the hit title track, "Space Oddity."
- "Abbey Road", The Beatles: This Beatles album was released in 1969. It includes a number of lively hits, such as "Come Together" and "Octopus's Garden," and another, slower but very popular song, voiced by George Harrison, "Here Comes the Sun."
- "Spice", Spice Girls: This 1996 album by the wildly popular pop girl band was one of the biggest pop hit albums over the last couple of decades. It has very lively and catchy music that was great for the modern club scene in Europe and the United State. It includes the hit single "Wannabe."
- "The Beatles (The White Album)", The Beatles: This is another album from the band that cannot be denied. Songs such as "Back in the U.S.S.R.," "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da," "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and "Rocky Raccoon" are found on this one.
- "Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround Part One", The Kinks: This 1970 album by the English pop/rock band The Kinks was very original and catchy when it came out. It contains the hit song "Lola."
- "Something Else", The Kinks: Another great album by the English band, The Kinks, this one was released in 1967. It has the wildly popular track "Waterloo Sunset."
- "Kala", M.I.A.: This is a more modern, hip hop style British pop album. released in 2007, the album contains the hit single "Paper Planes," as well as other top songs like "Boyz" and "Jimmy."
Listed above are the ten best English pop albums. Covering many decades, they all show how this music has evolved since pop became popular in the UK nearly 50 years ago.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?