The 10 best English soccer players in history are some of the best players there ever were, anywhere. From global superstars like David Beckham to hometown heroes such as Gary Neville, English soccer players rank amongst the best athletes in the world.
- Wayne Rooney. One of the ten best English soccer players in Premier League history, Wayne Rooney scored his first Premier League goal at the tender age of 16 for Everton Football Club. Since then he has gone from strength to strength, becoming one of the best strikers in the world and scoring over 100 goals so far as a Premier League player.
- Michael Owen. Scoring 118 Premier League goals, Michael Owen is one of the ten best English soccer players around today. His outstanding goal against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup is the stuff of legends and has secured him his place in history.
- David Beckham. Probably the most iconic footballer of his time and one of the most popular in Premier League history. One of the ten best English soccer players there ever were, during his career David Beckham has captained the England World Cup squad helped Manchester United win six Premier League titles.
- Gary Lineker. The second highest goal scorer for England’s international squad with 48 goals, Gary Lineker was one of English soccer’s top goal scorers during his career. Another of the ten best English soccer players, Lineker had a successful career both at home and internationally where he has played for Barcelona and Japan. He has won the English League top scorer award three times.
- David Seaman. Perhaps the greatest English goalkeeper in Premier League history, David Seaman was voted the Premier League goalkeeper of the decade in 2003. A successful tenure at Arsenal saw him assist in their two Premier League title wins.
- Robbie Fowler. A former Liverpool FC player, Robbie Fowler was known as “God” by the team’s supporters. One of the highest scoring players, he scored 163 goals during his career.
- Alan Shearer. Considered by many to be the greatest Premier League player of all time, Alan Shearer is without a doubt, one of the ten best English soccer players ever. He currently holds the record as the highest goal scorer in Premier League history with a staggering 260 scored.
- Gary Neville. The captain of Manchester United is one of the best defenders in the country. With Manchester United he has won eight Premier League medals and with his brother Phil, also a professional soccer player, he holds the most appearances for England by brothers.
- Tony Adams. Tony Adams was a key figure in the making of Arsenal as a team to reckon with. One of the Premier League’s most consistent players, Adams is generally considered to be one of the greatest in Arsenal’s history. He is the only player in history to have captained a team in three different decades.
- Andy Cole. Andy Cole’s illustrious career includes five Premier League titles, two FA Cups and the prestige of being the second highest goal scorer in Premier League history. An exciting player, his career saw him play for no less than seven Premier League clubs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”