For those of you resigned to driving that perfectly decent, well-built, reliable car that's also plain and lacking in excitement, the 10 best entry level luxury cars are designed to shake up your preconceptions about affording something special. Each car listed here is priced under $40,000, a bargain, considering how much bang you'll get for your buck.
- BMW 3-Series. There's a reason BMW's famous tagline is "the ultimate driving machine", and one look at the redesigned 3-Series will set your pulse racing with anticipation. Sporty and sleek, the car's handling, polished interior and powerful engine, make for a ride second-to-none. In addition, BMW's comprehensive Ultimate Maintenance Plan, provides for zero-cost maintenance for 50,000 miles or four years, whichever comes first. No wonder BMW's 3-Series is considered by automotive experts to be the best value of all entry level luxury cars.
- Audi A4. A fierce competitor to the BMW, the Audi's recent redesign has enhanced its sporty look, but it's the all-wheel drive, great handling and electronically-adjustable suspension, that make this a must-have for car enthusiasts.
- Volkswagen CC. Another great German-built car, with a fuel-efficient four-cylinder turbo engine, or an alternate V-6 which is slightly more expensive, but still well under the $40,000 threshold. Designed as a more serpentine version of the popular Volkswagen Passat, the CC boasts the family feel of a four-door sedan, with the drive and performance of a top-ten entry level luxury car.
- Mercedes Benz C-Class. A time-tested classic, the C-Class Benz continues to attract buyers with the beauty of its design, great safety record and solid resale value. Though not as highly-praised as the BMW, the affordable C-Class is the perfect entry level luxury car for enterprising buyers.
- Cadillac CTS. A great reminder that Americans used to build the world's best cars, the CTS is an impressive vehicle that houses a 3.0 liter V6 engine and a stylish interior, with a road performance that rivals any European-built luxury car. Auto experts consider the CTS, the best model General Motors has built in the last few years.
- Volvo C70. One of the few entry level luxury cars to boast a hardtop convertible, the C70's large rear seats and spacious trunk, make it one of the ten best cars in its class.
- Infiniti G37. Equipped with a powerful 328 horsepower, 3.7 liter, V6 engine, the G37 is undeniably fast, one of the fastest of the ten best entry level luxury cars, with the only downside being the cramped backseat. Still, those who feel the need for speed, will find this an exciting, invigorating ride.
- Acura TL. Aiming straight for those who like the best entry level luxury cars to fly down the highway like a runaway missile, the TL employs an all-wheel-drive system that can vary the speed of each wheel independently, allowing for much smoother hairpin turns at high speeds. Reliable, fast and blessed with great interior room, the TL makes the cut as one of the ten best entry level luxury cars.
- Lexus IS250. Available in a convertible or sedan, the IS250 is blessed with great handling and a first-class interior. It's not flashy, but it has one of the most beautifully-designed exteriors of all entry level luxury cars.
- Lincoln MKZ. An upscale sedan with a plush interior, reliable performance and available all-wheel drive, the MKZ's affordability and comfort, make it one of the ten best entry level luxury cars on the market.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.