10 Best European Cities To Visit
If you're planning a trip to Europe any time soon, take a look at our guide of the 10 best European cities to visit. Once you make it to the continent or the United Kingdom, travelling to different countries and cities is usually cheaper than going the same distance in the United States, which makes it well worth a longer trip and more cities visited. With so much European influence in our own culture, it only makes sense to visit more than one of the best of the European cities that helped form that culture.
- London, England: Now that the infamous London Fog is long gone and the soot cleaned from the buildings, London is a great place to visit. Since the 1970's, the stuffy vibe of the city has loosened considerably, and new hot spots are flourishing.
- Venice, Italy: The famous city of canals is definitely one of the best European cities to visit. With its beautiful Renaissance architecture, Venice remains one of the most gorgeous cities in the world.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: The infamous reputation of Amsterdam as a haven for doing illegal drugs legally has declined in the last few years, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't visit this great city which houses the Van Gogh Museum and millions of tulips, unless of course you're allergic to tulips.
- Madrid, Spain: With its Mediterranean climate, Madrid is perfect for those who love spending their time in the city outdoors. The people and the businesses here take advantage of the cooler night weather, as most of the happenings here don't start until well after dark.
- Paris, France: Known for it's architecture and street cafes, don't miss seeing the infamous Montmartre district. Originally a nearby village, it was eventually absorbed into Paris proper and slowly became one huge internationally known brothel.
- Berlin, Germany: One of the most modern overall of Europe's best cities for visiting, much of Berlin has been rebuilt after two world wars. With it's almost completely modern look, Berlin is the shining example of modern Europe.
- Athens, Greece: The center of ancient Greek arts, many ruins of the great civilization survive in Athens. With some of the best weather in Europe, Athens offers great beaches on the Aegean Sea.
- Zurich, Switzerland: Visit this great European city in summer or winter. Take advantage of great skiing in the Alps in the snowy months, and party all night long in Zurich in the warmer season.
- Brussels, Belgium: The headquarters of both the European Union and NATO, Brussels is a great place to start a European tour. Mix with people from EU member nations from across the continent before deciding wear to visit.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Turkey is in both Europe and Asia, and this mixed influence makes Istanbul a great city to visit. One of the few cities that still has the air of a bustling trading place common a few centuries ago, Istanbul is well worth visiting.