10 Best European Cities
When you travel across the pond, here’s a list of the 10 best European cities you can visit. Each of these cities has something unique to offer. Some cities are known for their food, others are known their museums.
- London. This is a city full of history, and modern conveniences. Due to it’s location, London is one of the best cities in Europe to start a vacation, it has numerous flights from all parts of the world on a regular basis.
- Rome. The capital city of Italy is one of the best cities in Europe for great food and great culture. The architecture of the older historical buildings provides a beautiful backdrop.
- Munich. This Germany city is known for it’s beer and friendly people. There are also historical buildings to explore when you recover from drinking.
- Prague. Located in the former Czechoslovakia, Prague is one of the best cities in Europe to visit when you are on a budget. A family of four can eat in Prague for the same cost of a meal for one person in America.
- Berlin. This German city is one of the best cities in Europe to go to explore more recent history. You can go see the remains of the Berlin wall that separated East and West Germany.
- Amsterdam. When you’re ready to embrace a liberal lifestyle, this is one of the best cities in Europe to explore. Amsterdam is know for the liberal attitudes towards drug use and paying for sex. It’s also home to the Ann Frank museum and a Heineken brewery.
- Madrid. The best way to get a taste of Spain’s culture is to explore Madrid. The food and the nightlife in this city are the things that draw people to Europe.
- Paris. Art lovers journey to Paris to see some of the best art in the world that is held in the Louvre museum. On every corner, you can find a coffee shop filled with pastries and coffee. For the shoppers, there are few cities with the number of fine quality shopping you can find in Paris.
- Venice. Although experts have been predicting it will wince for many years, Venice is still standing. It’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and has provided inspiration to many famous artists. The campanile is recognized world wide, along with the beautiful St. Mark’s church.
- Barcelona. When you want to hit the beach and see museums on the same trip, Barcelona is the best European city to visit. Make sure you bring good walking shoes and sunblock to explore this welcoming city.
Make sure you bring your passport and a taste for adventure. Once you visit these ten European cities you will have a better appreciation for European history and civilization. After visiting these cities, you may be ready to venture out and explore more cities and venture off the beaten path.