These 10 best everlasting love songs remind us that love a force that enables people to transcend their everyday lives, allowing people to hope when it doesn't seem possible. So here they are, the best songs to get schmoopy to.
- "Jack and Diane" by John Cougar Mellencamp. This song is about two high school sweethearts whose love allows them to get through the tough times and the harsh realities of life. "Two American kids growing up in the heartland."
- "Happy" by Bruce Springsteen. This less well-known Bruce song from "Tracks" showcases the triumph of love and the sheer satisfaction and comfort that it can bring. "I'm happy when I'm in your arms. Happy in a love like this."
- "You Needed Me" by Anne Murray. This classic love song proves why true love is everlasting. It is a song that captures that raw emotion of love that you could not live without because "you needed me."
- "Still the One" by Orleans. "We're still having fun and you're still the one." This upbeat song celebrates the passion that can survive the course of time. It is a beautiful tribute to everlasting love.
- "Unchained Melody" by The Righteous Brothers. This song is one the best love songs of all time. It is so heartfelt, it can move you to tears. "Oh my love, my darling, I hunger for your touch."
- "I Melt with You" by Modern English. This song might be from the '80s, but it captures the essence of true passion and love. It's about the feeling the envelopes you when you experience everlasting love. "Moving forward losing all my breath / making love to you was never second best."
- "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. This song, in its simplicity, captures the true basis for love. It is a feeling that takes your breath away. A simple look that can melt you. "This beautiful lady whose dancing with me."
- "I Got you Babe" by Sonny and Cher. Well, their love wasn't everlasting, but this song certainly is. It doesn't matter what is happening in the world if you just hold onto one another. "They say our love can't pay the rent…but I got you babe."
- "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney. Love is something that is almost inexpressible. This song captures that fact. It is so beautiful. "Baby I'm amazed at how you love me all the time."
- "Everlasting Love" by Jamie Cullum. The title says it all. "Open up your eyes; then you'll realize / I'm here with everlasting love / Need you by my side, girl you'll be my bride."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …