Incorporating the 10 best exercises for arms for men into your regular workout regimen can help you develop a set of powerful, well-defined arms. The upper arm is made up of the biceps and the triceps. Any list of the best exercises for arms for men should include and equal number of exercises for each of these muscle groups.
Best Exercises for Arms for Men: Triceps
The triceps are located on the inside and back of your upper arm and their main function is to extend the arm at the elbow. The best exercises for arms for men should begin with triceps, because they make up nearly two-thirds of your upper arm.
- Lying Triceps Extensions: Lie flat on a bench with a barbell straight above your chest and a shoulder-width grip. From this position, bend at the elbows and slowly lower the bar down until it lightly touches your forehead before pushing back to the starting position.
- Pushdowns: Stand with your hands about six inches apart on a bar attached to a pulley machine. With your arms at a 45 degree angle, slowly push down the weight to full extension while keeping your upper arms locked to your sides. To complete the movement let the weight slowly rise back to the starting position.
- Overhead Dumbbell Extensions: Raise one dumbbell overhead with both hands and lock your arms. Slowly lower the weight behind you head, bending only at the elbows, until your arms are at a 45 degree angle then force the weight back to the top position.
- Close-Grip Bench Press: Keep your grip about eight to twelve inches apart to target your triceps. Lying on a flat bench, lift the barbell off the rack and over your chest. Slowly lower the weight until it lightly touches the very bottom portion of your chest, pause and force the weight back to the beginning position.
- Dips: Take a narrow grip on the dip bars and slowly lower your bodyweight to the point just before your forearms and upper arms are at 45 degree angles from each other. From the bottom position, remembering to keep your elbows at your sides, force your body back to the starting position.
Best Exercises for Arms for Men: Biceps
Your biceps are located on the front of your upper arm. The biceps function opposes the function of the triceps and curls your lower arm upward or inward.
- Barbell Curls: No list of the best exercises for arms for men is complete without barbell curls. With a grip shoulder-width apart, slowly curl the barbell from the tops of your thighs to just below your chin then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Seated Dumbbell Curls: With dumbbells in each hand, slowly curl each dumbbell from your sides to your shoulders, twisting your wrist during the movement so at the top of the movement your palms are facing behind you. Slowly lower the weight to the beginning position, making sure to reverse the rotation of your wrists.
- Preacher Curls: From a seated position with your upper arms propped up on the preacher bench, reach down and grab the bar from the rack below. Slowly curl the weight up to your forehead, squeeze your biceps at the top and slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Concentration Curls: Grasp one dumbbell and start with your weakest arm. While seated on a bench or chair bend forward, and place the elbow of the arm you intend to work first on the inside of your thigh. With your arm extended and the dumbbell in hand, slowly curl the weight up until just before it touches your shoulder. Slowly lower the weight to the beginning position.
- Reverse Grip Curls: This exercise is performed exactly as barbell curls except you reverse your grip on the bar (grasp over top of the barbell rather than underneath) to shift the emphasis of the movement to different areas of the biceps and your forearms.
Take these 10 best exercises for men for arms and go get those powerful, well-defined arms.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.