10 Best Exotic Luxury Cars
Most luxury cars are purchased as symbols of style and status, and the 10 best exotic luxury cars have plenty of style as well as substance. Priced beyond $100,000 the growing trend of purchasing these cars does not seem to be diminishing despite the world economic crisis.
- 2011 Mercedes Benz SLS – This super-car has gull-wing doors, an elongated body, a 6.3 liter capacity V8 engine with 563 horsepower which can rocket the vehicle from 0-60 miles per hour is a mere 3.6 seconds, a top speed of 196 miles per hour. Distinguishing factors remain the super-car’s purist styling, superior driving dynamics and its lightweight design.
- Maserati Quattroporte – Known for its show-stopping looks, the new Quattroporte from Italian Luxury Car manufacturer Maserati features new technological improvements and revised aerodynamics. A new grille design in chrome and convex vertical slats and the traditional Trident logo dominate the front giving the vehicle an assertive poise. The car houses a powerful 8 cylinder V9 engine with a 4.7 liter capacity, producing 430 bhp, reaching 0-62 miles per hour in 5.4 seconds and a maximum speed of 174 miles per hour.
- Audi R8 – This futuristic looking car has a 4.2 liter V8 engine with 420 horsepower and can shoot 0-60 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds and a top speed of 187 miles per hour. Distinguishing elements of this vehicle are its all aluminum structure, LED headlamps and a cockpit that resembles a racing car.
- Lamborghini Gallardo – This two-seater luxury car comes in four models – superleggers, spyder,SE and Nera. The car is equipped with a 5.2 liter powerful V10 engine, a top speed of 191 miles per hour and 0-60 miles per hour shoot in 4.1 seconds. Costing upwards of $175,000, this luxury exotic sports car has a length of mere 167 inches making it the most compact in its segment.
- Porsche 911 Turbo – The 911 turbo series from the German Manufacturer Porsche has 3.4 liter capacity horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine of 320 horsepower, 0-60 miles per hour shoot in 4.9 seconds and top speed of 166 miles per hour. The safety features of this vehicle include side airbags for head and thorax, dual advanced front airbags, side guard door beams and supplemental safety bars.
- BMW M6 Convertible – This 2-door convertible with a 4-person seating capacity has a 5 liter V10 engine of 507 horsepower. Unique features of the vehicle are the electronically controlled ten individual throttle butterflies, its 7-speed sequential manual gearbox, front spoiler and voice command system amongst other features.
- Spyker C8 Spyder – This high performance super car from the Dutch manufacturer has stunning interiors complete with chrome switches of the old style and supple quilted leather upholstery. The vehicle is equipped with a 4.2 liter V8 engine with 400 horsepower, 0-60 miles per hour shoot of 4.5 seconds and top speed performance of 187 miles per hour. Bentley Continental Flying Spur – Made more popular by Paris Hilton, the Bentley Continental Flying
- Bentley Continental Flying Spur - This luxury car from the British coach builder has a 552 horsepower engine which can shoot the vehicle from 0-60 miles per hour in 4.9 seconds and a top speed of 194 miles per hour. The vehicle is equipped with a Bluetooth telephone system amongst other unique features.
- Aston Martin DBS Volante – This two-door convertible has a 5.9 liter V12 engine of 510 horsepower, 0-60 miles per hour of 4.3 seconds and top speed of 191 miles per hour.
- Ferrari F430 – essentially produced as a sports car by the Italian manufacture, the F430 priced at $168,005 is probably the easiest Ferrari that can be driven by a non-race-car-driver. Fitted with a 490 horsepower engine, the Ferrari F430 can be raced to 0-60 miles per hour in 4 seconds and a top speed of 196 miles per hour.