Here are 10 of the best exotic travel destinations in the world. From African Safaris to ancient castles, everyone has a different idea of what is exotic. This list contains the most popular exotic travel destinations with a variety of types and landscapes.
- Kenya. Safari!!! What is more exotic then an African safari? Lions, elephants, giraffes, and a dozen other animals that most people only ever see TV – just watch some of the best travel videos and you'll see how this is true! Kenya is home to one of the greatest animal reserves on the planet, Tsavo National Park. Split into Tsavo West and Tsavo East, no matter when you go there’s something to see. And yes, Tsavo is where the true story of The Ghost and The Darkness took place. Still, definitely worth seeing.
- Kauai. The jungle island. You can see the tree from Jurassic Park where Sam Neill found the eggs. You can go horseback riding, zipline through the jungle, visit the rainiest place on Earth, or do a dozen other things. And when all those end, you can hike through the jungle and feel Charles Darwin.
- Maui. Maui has won numerous awards for tourism. You can watch the sunrise from the top of Haleakala Crater, which is 10,000 feet high, go whale watching, and there are plenty of shops, museums, and just thousands of pretty pictures to take. A fantastic exotic travel destination.
- Morocco. Morocco has a little bit of everything. Beaches, deserts, snow-capped mountains, and green valleys. With a long interesting history Morocco has cities, ruins, gardens, food, and palaces.. You can also, if you absolutely have to, visit Casablanca.
- Mumbai. Once known as Bombay, Mumbai is a city of skyscrapers and money. You can see the famed Gateway of India, which marks both the beginning and the end of British rule in India. You can shop at thousands of boutiques, eat some of the best food in the world, and just stare in awe at the lively city.
- Daintree Rainforest. It’s in Australia and it’s the oldest rainforest on Earth that continues to survive. It’s beautiful and lush. You can explore the jungle, check out a cave filled with glowing worms, or relax at the world famous Daintree Eco Lodge and Spa.
- Great Bear Rainforest. Almost impossible to get to, it extends over 200 miles along the coast of British Columbia. This exotic travel destination is full of rare species including the Kermode bear, nicknamed the spirit bear. The rainforest's western red cedars are over 1,000 years old.
- New Zealand. Lord of the Rings, King Arthur, Legend of the Seeker and numerous other movies and television shows have been filmed here. It’s isolated, beautiful, and the winner of numerous tourism awards. It is also one of the most environmental and culturally sensitive exotic travel destinations. They offer a Lord of the Rings tours for fans of the books and movies.
- The Galapagos Islands. One of the most famed exotic getaways in the world, the Galapagos Islands are the very definition of exotic and beautiful. Conservation efforts mean you will have a park ranger with you every second and they keep an eagle eye to insure no damage is done. But it is still worth the trip.
- Wales. If Wales is your idea of exotic or you’ve already done the tropical islands, check out Wales. One of the greenest countries on Earth, Wales has castles, ruins, and historical sites that are hundreds to thousands of years old. Wales is steeped in magic and history, from the mysteries of its people's beginnings (legend says they are the survivors of Troy) to King Arthur (who is said to have been born there). There is something to see everywhere. It also hosts a world famous book festival in Hay-on-Wye.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.