10 Best Family Beach Resorts
Are you looking for the 10 best family beach resorts? Entertaining the kids on vacation often leaves little time for grown up relaxation. These family beach resorts put fun and relaxation back into the family vacation.
- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas The Atlantis Resort offers a range of kid friendly activities and programs for toddlers through teens. The family resort amenities include a 14-acre water park, an array of sea life, a teens-only nightclub, a tween club and special programs to engage the kids while adults take a break. Although not an all-inclusive resort, the Atlantis does offer a variety of family packages and meal plans.
- Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic This all-inclusive family beach resort is designed with family travelers in mind. Activities and programs are available for the entire family at Club Med Punta Cana—from infants through teens. The Baby Welcome program makes travel with baby worry and gear free and the facility offers a nursery for little travelers under the age of three.
- South Seas Island Resort, Captiva Island, Florida Accommodations at this 330-acre beach resort range from rooms to villas with a full kitchen depending on a family's needs. Family friendly activities are available for toddlers through teens in a variety of programs, naturalist presentations, classes and excursions. The resort also offers many activities suitable for the entire family to explore as a group.
- Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, Jamaica Beaches resorts are well known for their family friendly atmosphere and specialty programs. From Sesame Street-themed classes and activities to supervised programs for the older set, the resort has the entire family in mind. Unlike some family resorts, the cost of Beaches’ children’s programs is included in various all-inclusive package options.
- Club Med Sandpiper, Port St. Lucie, Florida Very similar in offerings to the Dominican Republic's Club Med Punta Cana, the Port St. Lucie resort in Florida offers an attractive location between Orlando and Miami. This site offers the only U.S.-based Club Med in the popular family resort chain.
- Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Florida The Vero Beach resort is frequently ranked the best Disney family beach resort in Florida by family travelers. Guests can expect to visit with Disney characters, experience a variety of family themed activities and participate in kid-friendly programs. Accommodations range from studios to vacation homes and cottages.
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa., Hawaii The Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort and Spa offers year-round family themed activities. Programs include educational classes, excursions and specially designed children's programs for kids ages five to twelve. Children's programs do require additional fees that vary depending on the activity type and program length.
- Caneel Bay, St. John,Virgin Islands Caneel Bay's RoseBuds for Children, designed for children from three to twelve, offers a kid friendly resort experience. From a specialty kids menu to activities at the popular Turtle Town, the resort accommodates little travelers. There is even an on-site nanny service available for parents in addition to the kids' programs.
- Castaway Island Resort, Fiji Family bungalows offer a popular lodging option at Castaway Island, one of the most popular resorts in Fiji. The kids programs focus on education and exploration of the culture and lifestyle of the islanders. The kids' club is free during the stay and babysitting is available for additional charges.
- Loews Coronado Bay Beach Resort & Spa, San Diego, California The California family resort offers a popular children's menu and a wide variety of special activities for children and families. Family friendly amenities include childproofed rooms and on-site available baby and toddler gear such as potty seats and strollers. This resort also offers hourly rates for children's programs so family's may opt to "drop in" without committing to a full day or half day program.
Posted on: Jan. 31, 2011