Can you name the 10 best family board games? Do you play these games with your kids on a family game night? All ten of these games, many of them classic board games, are great for children and adults alike. Make plans to play some of these games with your own children and enjoy a trip down memory lane.
- Scrabble Scrabble is one of the best family board games ever created. Two to four players score points in this word game by forming words with lettered tiles on a square grid. Scrabble is recommended for children eight-years-old and up.
- Clue Clue is another classic board game for the whole family. Players strategically move around the game board as one of the game’s characters, collecting clues to solve a murder. The game plays two to six people and the age recommendation is eight-years-old and up.
- Monopoly Monopoly is one of the most popular family board games. Two to eight people can play this game, which is designed to show how economic monopolies can give extraordinary wealth to one person while bankrupting many others. Monopoly is meant for kids eight-years-old and up.
- LIFE LIFE, also called The Game of Life, is another classic board game to play on family night. Two to six players travel through life from college through retirement, getting jobs, getting married, buying houses and having children. The game is recommended for children nine-years-old and up.
- Candyland Candyland is the best game for the little people in your family. Designed for children three-years-old and up, Candyland is a simple racing board game. It requires no reading and simple counting skills. Two to four players can join in the fun.
- Chinese Checkers Chinese Checkers is a fun game the whole family can enjoy. It is played by two to six people, each trying to move his marbles to the corner opposite his starting position. The game board is a pitted hexagram and the game is recommended for children eight-years-old and up.
- Chutes and Ladders Chutes and Ladders is a classic children’s board game designed for kids four-years-old and up, but the whole family can play along. Bad kids who break the rules slide down long chutes. Good kids who behave climb the ladder of success. The game is good for two or more players.
- Sorry! Another great family game is Sorry!, the board game with colorful pieces that look like candy Kisses. The classic game is based on Parcheesi and involves players trying to move their pawns from their start square to their home square. Two to four people can play this game and is recommended for children six-years-old and older.
- Chess Chess is a classic strategy game that adults enjoy and children can learn to play. Chess is a two-player board game with kings and queens, rooks and knights, bishops and pawns. The object of the game is to checkmate your opponent’s king. The game is manufactured for ages eight and up.
- Quirkle Quirkle is a tile-based game for two to four people. The game is a cross between Scrabble and a game called Rummikub. Players must successfully place colored tiles on a game board to score points and bonuses. The game is recommended for children six-years-old and up.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.