If you want to go trick or treating, or attend a family Halloween party this season, make it easier on yourself by choosing one of these 10 best family costume ideas. Eliminate the need to reinvent the wheel with each individual member of the family by following a theme.
- Go Gotham with Batman themed family costumes. Batman, Robin, Joker and the Riddler costumes can be found in adult, child, toddler and even infant sizes.
- Follow the white rabbit to Alice in Wonderland family costumes. Ideas for men and boys include the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit. Mom or the girls can go as Alice or the Red Queen. The Cheshire Cat can go either way, as do Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
- Vampires are clearly popular. Make a big impact by dressing the whole family as this tried and true favorite. A wealth of costume possibilities are available, from full Count Dracula costumes to a simple black T-shirt with the word, “Vampire” emblazoned across the front, slicked back hair and a pair of plastic fangs.
- Try a retro look this year with a Scooby Doo family costume set. Choose from Shaggy, Fred, Darla, Daphne and Scooby Doo himself. There are store-bought costume choices for this look, or you could go for the home-made version by wearing the appropriate color T-shirt and slacks. Scooby will need a little more, but not much. You can create your own Scooby costume for a child with a brown sweat suit and ears cut out of felt.
- Star Wars, the classic series, Clone Wars or a mix of the two can provide a choice for each person in even the largest of families. Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Yoda, Padme Amidala, Chewbacca and Storm Troopers are just a start.
- Disney characters are another possible family costume idea with endless options. Create magical memories by going out as a Disney Prince and Princess. Snow White, Cinderella, Tinkerbell and The Little Mermaid are all favorites for little girls. If you are the father of girls, be their hero by escorting them as Prince Charming, or Captain Hook!
- Sesame Street is a favorite of young children. Family members can go as Bert and Ernie, Cookie Monster, Elmo, Grover, Prairie Dawn or, if you are really ambitious, try Snuffy or Big Bird.
- 1920’s provide one of the best family costume ideas that can be adapted for men, women, teens, tweens and little ones. Dress up as gangsters, flappers or Betty Boop.
- Grease is a timeless movie and a great choice for family costumes that can be put together on your own. Danny, Sandy, good girl or the “after” version, Frenchie, Pink Ladies or the Grease Monkeys give lots of options.
- Elvis is a unique family costume idea. Have everyone in the family dress as the King. A roomful of Elvis impersonators will be sure to turn heads! You can choose different eras of his life or find white jumpsuits for the whole gang.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."