Do you want to check out the 10 best family movies of 2007? These films, including several fantasy movies and several animated choices, are all great entertainment choices for you and your family.
- "Fred Claus." This holiday family movie stars Vince Vaughan as Fred Claus, Santa's self-centered older brother who must move to the North Pole after a business deal gone wrong. Paul Giamatti, Rachel Weisz, and Kathy Bates also star in this best family movie of 2007.
- "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." This entry in the popular Harry Potter film series may be a little too scary for your youngest family members. However, you and your older kids will love watching Harry navigate his toughest year yet at the Hogwarts school. The highly-acclaimed film was nominated for numerous awards, including recognition from BAFTA and the People's Choice Awards.
- "Stardust." In this fantasy family movie starring Claire Danes and Ian McKellen, a young man retrieves a falling star for his lady love. One of the best family films of 2007, it won the Phoenix Film Critic Society Award for Most Overlooked Film of the Year.
- "Shrek the Third." In this best family movie of 2007, the third entry in the popular Shrek series, Shrek becomes King. The characters are voiced by Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, and Eddie Murphy. The film won the People's Choice Award for Best Family Movie.
- "The Golden Compass." This family movie, a fantasy adventure film, follows a young woman who must go on a journey to save her best friends from a mysterious evil. Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, and Freddie Highmore star. The movie was recognized as one of the best family films of 2007 by the Academy Awards, where it won an Oscar for Best Visual Effects.
- "Enchanted." This Disney fairytale stars Amy Adams as a princess who travels to New York City and meets a handsome lawyer. The movie was nominated for three Oscars and two Golden Globes, as well as numerous other awards.
- "Ratatouille." This animated comedy is the story of a rat who is attempting to become a world-class chef. It won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature of the Year, and was nominated for four other Academy Awards.
- "Bridge to Terabithia." Based on a Newbury Award-winning children's book, this family film is the story of a boy who befriends the new girl at school. The pair invent their own elaborate fantasy world. Both young leads, Joshua Hutcherson and AnnaSophia Robb, were nominated for several awards for their performances.
- "Alvin and the Chipmunks." Based on the classic cartoon series, this partially-animated movie stars Jason Lee as the keeper of three mischievous rodent friends. It won the Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Movie of the Year.
- "Evan Almighty." This sequel to "Bruce Almighty" stars Steve Carell as a congressman who is contacted by God and told to build an arc. Morgan Freeman plays God, and Lauren Graham plays the congressman's wife. The movie was nominated for a People's Choice Award for Favorite Family Movie.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.